Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wederwarrior

Talking Winter 2012-2013

265 posts in this topic

i hope so. As soon as daylight savings time kicks in and the models come in an hr earlier, its game on. Are you new to the board? From this area?

New intern at our office. Mitch did a stint as a SCEP student with us last fall and is now back with us permanently. :snowwindow:

We'll have plenty of time to discuss winter. A week to moderate el-nino particularly if not east-based can lead to some fun this winter as some outlooks are calling for. However a lot is still up the air.

Welcome to board, Mitchell. I'll be around all winter to root for blowtorches and no snow.

flamethrower_straight.jpg

Welcome to board, Mitchell. I'll be around all winter to root for blowtorches and no snow.

:thumbsup:

This post and pic is totally unnecessary.

It was necessary to keep you snowlovers in line and let you know who's boss... :P

Not sure if this means anything really but my wife and I have 2 siberian huskies and they are already in a massive blow-out of their summer coat and a much thicker coat is forming under the overcoat they normally have. Last year they finally blew their summer coat for a rather dismal short term winter coat in early november but this year is close to 10-11 winter time frame for the both of them but the one male dog who is almost 4 is blowing it at the sametime as we had the winter of 09-10. also noticing squirrels and rabbits are much plumpier and thicker tails.

Not sure if this means anything really but my wife and I have 2 siberian huskies and they are already in a massive blow-out of their summer coat and a much thicker coat is forming under the overcoat they normally have. Last year they finally blew their summer coat for a rather dismal short term winter coat in early november but this year is close to 10-11 winter time frame for the both of them but the one male dog who is almost 4 is blowing it at the sametime as we had the winter of 09-10. also noticing squirrels and rabbits are much plumpier and thicker tails.

i see...not sure if this is a sign either...the hair on the top of my foot is starting to fall out to, just like in 10-11.

i see...not sure if this is a sign either...the hair on the top of my foot is starting to fall out to, just like in 10-11.

I hear there are fairies which can give you a good winter if you sacrifice a mouse to them.

I hear there are fairies which can give you a good winter if you sacrifice a mouse to them.

How about plumpy squirrels and rabbits with thick tails?