joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Real or Inflated? You decide......

moneypitmike

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was working in Marlboro, MA at the Solomon pond mall and it was snowing lightly,  10:30.    

N MA and SW NH;  peaks are mostly snowcapped (or were yesterday).    Drivng north on Route 3,  you could see several inches from Pack Monadnock to Kearsarge.

Here's a stat....todays high of 17F at ORH would have been the 2nd coldest high temp of all last winter.

That shows what an ugly elephant we had...and also shows how cold this air mass is for early in the season.

And how much snow do you have to show for it? (not to raise an ugly topic......).

16.4/7

Well, now that we have nothing exciting to watch, I guess it's time to reside back in the lowly observations/banter thread.

It's a mild morning in western Mass....23.0/19, up from a post-midnight low of 20.8.

Edit: I just looked at my overnight history a little close, I had actually climbed up to 25.5 at 4:20a.m. I've been too focused on what might have been that I didn't see what was coming to cause that fluctuation.

And as for Christmas Eve/Day system, the BOX AFD is already painting a disappointing outcome.

AROUND THE SAT/CHRISTMAS TIME FRAME THERE IS ABOVE

AVERAGE AGREEMENT AMONG THE 00Z ECMWF/GFS AND GEFS FOR A NORTHEAST

COASTAL/OCEAN STORM. HOWEVER THE ANOMALOUS HIGH LATITUDE BLOCKING

PATTERN APPEARS TO PERSIST AND SUPPRESSES THE STORM TRACK SOUTH OF

NEW ENGLAND. STAY TUNED

Albany's reads a bit more optimisitcally:

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM FROM THE PLAINS WILL

MOVE EASTWARD FRIDAY REACHING THE MID ATLANTIC COAST ON CHRISTMAS.

THIS SYSTEM BEARS WATCHING AS IT COULD BRING SNOW TO THE REGION

22.7/19

Time for banter--

Just got in from a walk in the woods. Came across a dead mole on the trail. What's that all about? I thought they only lived beneath fields. Anyway, no bite marks on it and no footprints in the snow to suggest it had been carried there by another animal. Maybe a bird dropped it. Things to ponder on a late fall morning (don't forget folks, it is still fall.....).

21.8/18

14.9F / 13F

A couple of snowflakes falling

still have the 1/2" of snow on my lawn plus a couple of dustings....

Lots of animal tracks (mice, rabbits) .... ahh, well...

Pats game Sunday night looks survivable

Dave--seeing that your'e a science teacher, you might be interested to learn that my neighbor arrived at the Int'l Space Station yesterday.

22.1/18

Dave--seeing that your'e a science teacher, you might be interested to learn that my neighbor arrived at the Int'l Space Station yesterday.

22.1/18

Funny thing, was when I was reading the Boston Globe this morning online, I read over the story about that. Did not realize she was a Mass resident and your neighbor. Her husband is the glass guy. Very cool. I will miss the shuttle program. My neighbor is a plumber.

Time for banter--

Just got in from a walk in the woods. Came across a dead mole on the trail. What's that all about? I thought they only lived beneath fields. Anyway, no bite marks on it and no footprints in the snow to suggest it had been carried there by another animal. Maybe a bird dropped it. Things to ponder on a late fall morning (don't forget folks, it is still fall.....).

21.8/18

Good obs. Being in the woods and the mole body still there in the open perhaps a Barred Owl or Great Horned Owl dropped a snack for some reason.

A balmy 29.2 currently.

17/15, a low of 10 degrees. On and off pixie dust has left a coating overnight with a few renegade flakes flying at the moment. I like the times that the models show nothing happening for days and days then, as if by magic something materializes. That's going to happen.

My morning OBS:

. . . Umm, it's 20 something degress out . . . the big yellow ball of gas in shining brightly in the sky . . . blah, blah, blah.

. . . Still depressed over the demise of the huge threat. So much so, I went drinking in PVD with friends last night, and didn't get home untill 3:30 am.

Going back to bed, and then down to Mystic Seaport later with the kids.

My morning OBS:

. . . Umm, it's 20 something degress out . . . the big yellow ball of gas in shining brightly in the sky . . . blah, blah, blah.

. . . Still depressed over the demise of the huge threat. So much so, I went drinking in PVD with friends last night, and didn't get home untill 3:30 am.

Going back to bed, and then down to Mystic Seaport later with the kids.

How'd your wife handle that?

Archived