The 2012/13 Ski Season Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot? Humid? Swampazz?

think snow

Awesome photos from back in the day!

2000-2001 will live on as the most epic winter in recent memory.

I think Jay claimed like 580" that winter (which as usual I find it hard to believe they got up to 150" more than the Spine one county south), while for Stowe I have 432" listed I believe. Smuggs next door was around 450" IIRC.

Mansfield had an 11-foot natural snowpack by the end of March.

That winter started off quickly in December and never looked back. The big key that winter was the lack of any thaw or major rain event from December into April. You can see the lack of a thaw on the snow depth plot...no wild swings up/down...just steady rising snowpack all winter. The perfect winter.

Yeah whatever they reported I consider suspect. In radar terms their absolute calibration may be off. But regardless it was a lot, a real lot. The early March storm with the late phase did favor them and they got over 4 feet. Both Mansfield and Jay both cashed on northerly upslope late into March and that day I took the pics was a bluebird with like 10-12 fresh near max depth. Absurd for April 7th. Really everything was in play... What a year.

Awesome photos from back in the day!

2000-2001 will live on as the most epic winter in recent memory.

I think Jay claimed like 580" that winter (which as usual I find it hard to believe they got up to 150" more than the Spine one county south), while for Stowe I have 432" listed I believe. Smuggs next door was around 450" IIRC.

Mansfield had an 11-foot natural snowpack by the end of March.

That winter started off quickly in December and never looked back. The big key that winter was the lack of any thaw or major rain event from December into April. You can see the lack of a thaw on the snow depth plot...no wild swings up/down...just steady rising snowpack all winter. The perfect winter.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

SB recorded 432" for the 2000-01 season.

Is it time for the '13-'14 thread?  I got new skis last week and am started to get the itch.

Archived