joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Intense Heat Returning Mid/Late July?

Hoosier

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Min temperature of 81º at IND this morning, which ties the record for today (1892). It is also only the second time the min temp has been AOA 80º at the airport location (81º on 7/7/2012). Of course, this only if storms don't materialize at some point today, dropping the temp below the current min. Alas, it's IND...it doesn't rain there.

If the warm front can lift far enough north Wednesday, we will once again be flirting with 100.

Thinking mid 90s tops around here. 3.05" of rain in the ground in the last 5 days here. Wouldn't think that would support a 100. SE wind looks to be in the cards part of the day.

Thinking mid 90s tops around here. 3.05" of rain in the ground in the last 5 days here. Wouldn't think that would support a 100. SE wind looks to be in the cards part of the day.

Only way I see a wind off the lake coming into play is if the front struggles to push north later tonight. I can definitely see the recent rains denying us another 100 degree day however.

If any WAA cloud cover/precip (if there is any at all) moves out early enough in the morning, 100+ seems like a good call for ORD tomorrow.

I would go with 97 for now, but could easily see that several degrees higher if there are no issues. The NAM is showing 850mb temps of 26-28C, along with 925mb temps around 35C. Mixing levels are quite deep, to around 700mb. The combination of all of these factors could offset any affects of the recent rains.

The record high for tomorrow in Chicago is 101 (1940).

If any WAA cloud cover/precip (if there is any at all) moves out early enough in the morning, 100+ seems like a good call for ORD tomorrow.

I would go with 97 for now, but could easily see that several degrees higher if there are no issues. The NAM is showing 850mb temps of 26-28C, along with 925mb temps around 35C. Mixing levels are quite deep, to around 700mb. The combination of all of these factors could offset any affects of the recent rains.

Agree. The bold is key, as there looks to be anomalously strong low-level SW winds for July due to a strong low in the N Plains. This forecast is difficult due to the unusual set-up. But if everything comes together, 100+ should be easy.

Sun is out here, so should make a considerable jump with the next hourly ob (81º at 1:00pm).

lol, 84 at 2:00pm. :arrowhead: Best I just sit this one out.

Other 2:00pm obs across Indiana, the warm ones anyway...

EVV at 99 (intra hour 100 so far), HUF at 97, BMG 92, and IND 90.

STL is 101 at noon...their point forecast is calling for a high of 108 today.

Officially made it to 107 today. I believe that puts us at 10 days of 105+ degree days for the year and ties the record set in the dust bowl era.

just based on this i would think 100-103 if not higher.

18z NAM with near 30 C temps at 850mb tomorrow around DBQ.

Archived