• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2012: Upstate NY

BUF bumped up the high today...I thought 82/83 was way too low given the absence of the lake breeze and 850s still running 18c. We still could break the 90 mark today. Tomorrow is almost a given.

Ill go with 89 at BUF today since were already at 85 as of 1154, and 92 tomorrow at BUF. Prob gonna hit 90 here today cause its already 86.5 here and ill go with 94 tomorrow here. I bet ROC and IAG hit 96 tomorrow.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill go with 89 at BUF today since were already at 85 as of 1154, and 92 tomorrow at BUF. Prob gonna hit 90 here today cause its already 86.5 here and ill go with 94 tomorrow here. I bet ROC and IAG hit 96 tomorrow.

The disconnect between the NAM and the GFS for both sfc and 850 temps tomorrow is kinda nuts. GFS MOS is now only 88 tomorrow which is quite weird given that it has 21c 850s by the afternoon and it has a 270 degree surface wind. 12z NAM MOS is 94. The Euro and the NAM both have about 23C 850s at peak heating. IAG, ROC, and DSV should all be in the mid to upper 90s. I still there's a decent shot that someone on the escarpment sees 100.

The disconnect between the NAM and the GFS for both sfc and 850 temps tomorrow is kinda nuts. GFS MOS is now only 88 tomorrow which is quite weird given that it has 21c 850s by the afternoon and it has a 270 degree surface wind. 12z NAM MOS is 94. The Euro and the NAM both have about 23C 850s at peak heating. IAG, ROC, and DSV should all be in the mid to upper 90s. I still there's a decent shot that someone on the escarpment sees 100.

Ill say Albion hits 100 tomorrow, maybe Medina too, they usually have the hottest temps, maybe just a few miles north of those towns below the escarpment.

Newfane hit 102 several years ago...that extra 300 ft of downslope helps. I'm not sure when the last 100 degree reading in WNY was.

Yes my cousin lives right next to outwater park in Lockport and when we go down the escarpment even though its only a few hundred feet, the difference in temperature is very noticable. But do you know when the last time ROC hit 100?

Yes my cousin lives right next to outwater park in Lockport and when we go down the escarpment even though its only a few hundred feet, the difference in temperature is very noticable. But do you know when the last time ROC hit 100?

ROC last hit 100 back in the 1950s so its been a while. DSV hit 102 last July followed by 100 the next day.

The September record is actually higher than July's in BUF. July's record is 97, August is 99, and September is 98.

Ha pretty funny for some reason every year my birthday always seems cold and dreary (september 8th). I can remember lots of years having my birthday outside in the rain and everyone was wearing sweaters.

Archived