Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love normal/slightly below normal temps in June. Perfect weather. Still worried about clouds blocking the Venus transit tomorrow. LWX's forecast keeps bouncing between mostly cloudy with showers and partly sunny. SREFs look like we'll be partly cloudy. GFS seems similar. NAM looks a little cloudier/wetter. Canadians put out this cool cloud forecast for astronomy I found. Still running off 0z, but it looks naso good. Should clear out more the later we get, so perhaps it's good the transit is just before sunset.

It actually isn't that crazy. Mins were just below normal. We are just used to obscene heat.

BWI and DCA were -1 on mins and IAD was -4. Not sure about Frederick but probably in the -2 -4 range.

I'm sure you're right. We're about 10 miles west of Frederick, so it tends to be even cooler here, with no heat island effect at all. The breeze had a chill to it, which made it feel cooler than it was. Weekend looks incredible though.

I will be viewing the Venus Transit (weather permitting of course) from MLK Rec Park in Silver Spring. If you're interested in joining please let me know. I've got an 8" dobsonian telescope with a full aperture solar filter (for safe viewing).. Sadly, I don't think the clouds/weather will cooperate. Once in 117 year event!

I will be viewing the Venus Transit (weather permitting of course) from MLK Rec Park in Silver Spring. If you're interested in joining please let me know. I've got an 8" dobsonian telescope with a full aperture solar filter (for safe viewing).. Sadly, I don't think the clouds/weather will cooperate. Once in 117 year event!

Twice* remember kenny, occurs in pairs ;)

I don't think we'll be completely overcast tomorrow for the entire ~2.5 hours it will be visible from here, but we'll definitely be chasing holes in the clouds.

For folks in the Baltimore area, I'm part of a group hosting a Venus Transit event at the Bloomberg Center for Physics and Astronomy at the JHU Homewood campus. Event starts at 5pm with talks about the event, including one from Nobel Prize winner Adam Riess. Weather permitting, we'll have several telescopes to view the transit from the roof. Clouds or no clouds, we'll have the live webstream from Hawaii playing.

I don't think we'll be completely overcast tomorrow for the entire ~2.5 hours it will be visible from here, but we'll definitely be chasing holes in the clouds.

For folks in the Baltimore area, I'm part of a group hosting a Venus Transit event at the Bloomberg Center for Physics and Astronomy at the JHU Homewood campus. Event starts at 5pm with talks about the event, including one from Nobel Prize winner Adam Riess. Weather permitting, we'll have several telescopes to view the transit from the roof. Clouds or no clouds, we'll have the live webstream from Hawaii playing.

Your event will clearly trump mine ;)

What a magnificent trio of days here. It could be like this all summer and I wouldnt b**ch one.

400pm on June 4 and it is 69* right now with a nice North wind with gusts to around 20 mph. Clone this and keep this around till Sept 5. Thanks :)

They were nice and I got lots of yard work done, now I need the wind to die down so I can go fishing.

Archived