joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
**New England** summer picture/scenery thread

free_man

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Kezar Lake in Lovell, ME today. Internet connection was spotty at best, so had to wait til I got out of there to post pics.

I wore out my phone battery taking pics while on the western shore ... turns out I should've saved some battery for the east shore as the view across the lake to the Whites was amazing. Wish the sun was out, but other than that it was LL-approved five suns. Gives Squam a definite run for the money. Oh, also saw a moose and calf at a distance of 100 yards or so. Took a couple of pics but it could just as well be Sasquatch.

A few more Mount Washington pics. It's pretty neat how as one approaches the tree line the foliage gets smaller and smaller. I think next time, instead of the $25 toll I will hike up ... which means I need to start training. My next hike will be my first hike. Amazing scenery and only 60 miles from home.

Nice pics, Eric. You're managing to get a lot of time out and about these days!

Nice pics, Eric. You're managing to get a lot of time out and about these days!

lol ... yeah, I am. The ex took the kids to Cape Cod for vacation, giving me ample time to do lots of outdoor activities. In fact, I'm getting ready to load the kayak and head to Great East Lake for an evening paddle. BSE2. Hey, I saw in another thread you were going to go up MWN. Have fun, man! Bring an extra shawl.

lol ... yeah, I am. The ex took the kids to Cape Cod for vacation, giving me ample time to do lots of outdoor activities. In fact, I'm getting ready to load the kayak and head to Great East Lake for an evening paddle. BSE2. Hey, I saw in another thread you were going to go up MWN. Have fun, man! Bring an extra shawl.

Ex? Is that pretty recent? If so--sorry, Eric.

Yes to MWN--probably next Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully have a clear day. Or snow. :) I'll have lots of shawls packed.

A few more Mount Washington pics. It's pretty neat how as one approaches the tree line the foliage gets smaller and smaller. I think next time, instead of the $25 toll I will hike up ... which means I need to start training. My next hike will be my first hike. Amazing scenery and only 60 miles from home.

Beautiful landscape up there.

Posted in the NNE thread but will add here too as they probably belong more in the picture thread and its easy to hard-link them in.

Its hard to get a case of the Monday's when these are the views I'm treated to at work. Photos are from 6:30am on my 4-wheeler "commute" to the summit on the summer work road.

IMG_7046_edited-1.jpg

IMG_7040_edited-1.jpg

IMG_7049_edited-1.jpg

Tanglewood lawn looking south? I recognize that view. I will take walks there from time to time during the off-season when there are no crowds or events.

Yep, from Friday afternoon at the kid/family festival. Got to watch Garrison Keillor and troupe rehearse. Always a pleasant time at Tanglewood.

Great day to get out in nature. Took the boy to his first swimming hole. An out of the way little gem about 15mi north of our house just into VT.

The wife enjoying her sunday afternoon. This shot and the next are below the waterfall between the fall and the covered bridge.

This is me and Ben in the river just above the falls. (Both watching the bikini's up stream. lol)

(note the massive bruise just right of my navel, that's what a board kicking back off a table saw can do.)

Archived