Newest Member
    joxey
**New England** summer picture/scenery thread

free_man

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At my sons preschool picnic tonight, beautiful night! Boy is a big 3 yr old LOL

Good you guys got it in. The 'field day' at my daughter's school ended up being rained out ftfgl (for the first grade loss).

Paddling Ossipee Lake in New Hampshire. Close encounter with deer and have a couple of loons giving me the eye 25 feet portside. Beautiful day ... nary a cloud in sight.

Nice, Eric. I'll need to make it up that way at some point. Looks beautiful.

Europe is cool... but its so nice to be home, back in Stowe on one of the hottest days since March.

I still can't believe that our hottest stretch of weather so far this year was mid to late March.

At 3pm, here in Stowe, its 82F in town, 79F base of ski resort, 68F summit.

At Squam Lake today. Got up at 2:30, shower, breakfast, hit the road at 3:30 and

at the boat launch at 4:45. Per Scooter's request, I chucked a few in Center Harbor. A few low clouds and a whisper of a breeze. Gonna hang here for several hours and will probably get lost, considering how many bays and islands this lake has.

At Squam Lake today. Got up at 2:30, shower, breakfast, hit the road at 3:30 and

at the boat launch at 4:45. Per Scooter's request, I chucked a few in Center Harbor. A few low clouds and a whisper of a breeze. Gonna hang here for several hours and will probably get lost, considering how many bays and islands this lake has.

Wow...nice

Beautiful, Eric. Those hills in the distance just scream "Lawrence, KA" don't they?

Enjoy it!

No time for the Science Center, Dave. I'm at the other end of the lake from the boat ramp and have to make my way back - gotta pick up the kids later. Will put it on the menu for another trip, though.

Scoot - you're right about the rocks ... they're everywhere! Thankfully my boat has about a 4" draft. lol Lots of awesome houses here ... looks like Pete's handiwork.

No time for the Science Center, Dave. I'm at the other end of the lake from the boat ramp and have to make my way back - gotta pick up the kids later. Will put it on the menu for another trip, though.

Scoot - you're right about the rocks ... they're everywhere! Thankfully my boat has about a 4" draft. lol Lots of awesome houses here ... looks like Pete's handiwork.

We destroyed a boat prop on those rocks lol.

We destroyed a boat prop on those rocks lol.

Fortunate to pop a prop and not dent the hull. Those rocks mean business. lol I glided over a few car-sized ones that did not have a marker buoy and were lurking probably 6" below the surface .. quite a ways from shore, too. I'd be afraid to take a powerboat out, honestly.

Fortunate to pop a prop and not dent the hull. Those rocks mean business. lol I glided over a few car-sized ones that did not have a marker buoy and were lurking probably 6" below the surface .. quite a ways from shore, too. I'd be afraid to take a powerboat out, honestly.

That's what happened to us. Luckliy we were going very slowly. Looked like you had a good time there.

Absolutely did. Looking forward to a return in October. Would also like to do some hiking there -incredible vistas to be had. More panoramic possibilities. lol

Red Hill which is just over 2k is a great hike. Over looks Squam, Winni, and the whites. You probably saw it, it has a little fire tower on the top.

Red Hill which is just over 2k is a great hike. Over looks Squam, Winni, and the whites. You probably saw it, it has a little fire tower on the top.

Yeah, I saw that when doing my research. West Rattlesnake overlooks Squam and seems like it would be a simple hike. I could see people on the rock outcropping while on the lake.

Archived