SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
**New England** summer picture/scenery thread

free_man

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice bear and by the way congrats on the job, now Pete and Jerry have their own AK forecasters with you and Baroclinic Instability up there.

Baroclinic Instability is up there too? Had no idea. Where in AK?

Sam I thought you were going to grad school, no?

I'm only in AK for the summer. It's a research position at the NWS. I get back in August, and then move to OK the next day.

Nice pics! I grew up very close to Bash Bish. It's one of my favorite local places. We used to spend many lazy summer days jumping off "J" and swimming in the main pool. It was a great place to learn to free climb , if you got in trouble you could just push off and fall into the water below. There was a fatality there about 10 years ago and since then they don't allow swimming (until 4pm when the Rangers leave, lol) . Hope you had a good time there.

From my deck. The past few days have been so nice I had to

Its beautiful up there, we usually stay at Churchs Landing in Meredith or a rental house on Winnisquam. If I leave CT I'm moving to the Lakes Region. My relative owns a huge manison in Alton but I don't think I'm in the will lol. Any recovery in the commerical areas up there? Last time I was their a few years ago there was a lot of vacancy in Laconia, Weirs.

Nice pics! I grew up very close to Bash Bish. It's one of my favorite local places. We used to spend many lazy summer days jumping off "J" and swimming in the main pool. It was a great place to learn to free climb , if you got in trouble you could just push off and fall into the water below. There was a fatality there about 10 years ago and since then they don't allow swimming (until 4pm when the Rangers leave, lol) . Hope you had a good time there.

I can't think of a better place to swim anywhere... Crystal clear, comfortably cold

Would've loved nothing more than to go right in the main pool, but alas we were too early and there was traffic... fortunately by hiking down a bit away from the riff raff we had our chance to "cool off".

I'd never been there, but it's an instant favorite and we'll be back soon (after 4). That misty spray on a hot day is heavenly. Even the drive in was a good time what with the downhill S turns. Gorgeous country, you were lucky to grow up nearby.

I can't think of a better place to swim anywhere... Crystal clear, comfortably cold

Would've loved nothing more than to go right in the main pool, but alas we were too early and there was traffic... fortunately by hiking down a bit away from the riff raff we had our chance to "cool off".

I'd never been there, but it's an instant favorite and we'll be back soon (after 4). That misty spray on a hot day is heavenly. Even the drive in was a good time what with the downhill S turns. Gorgeous country, you were lucky to grow up nearby.

Bash Bish was our summer hangout. We used to climb up to "J rock" and jump off. We would freak tourists out by swimming underwater after the jump to the back side of the falls where we couldn't be scene. Then, after a few minutes we'd resurface and say we were swimming to touch bottom but it was just too deep. Total pricks.lol The road down to Copake Falls is a great road, that was our skateboard route. One of the most horrific falls I've ever seen happened right in front of me at speed, I narrowly avoided biffing as well. Did you check out Catamount? Very close. A cool little ski area. It's where I skied as a kid. Glad you had fun. When you go back you should hike Mt.Alander which is just south on the same ridge. Brace Mountain is also cool for paragliding.

Not the highest resolution photo, but captured this Sunday night as a thunderstorm rolled through.

post-533-0-54585200-1338295146_thumb.jpg

That's awesome--great capture!

The beaver pond behind the house provides a nice wildlife habitat too bad the mosquitoes drove me in after about 10 minutes. lol

Nice, Chris. Not that most people know Greenfield, but for those who have been there, this is not quite the "Federal and Main" or "rotary" scene they likely are familiar with!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived