• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Quick contest - Tuesday morning's lows

MN Transplant

This will probably be another instance where I get mocked on here and turn out to be correct. Just like my winter predictions vs yours LOL

True. I shouldnt be criticizing before the numbers are in. Going high isn't a bad idea. Your tiebreaker is bad though. But hey I've been wrong many times.

True. I shouldnt be criticizing before the numbers are in. Going high isn't a bad idea. Your tiebreaker is bad though. But hey I've been wrong many times.

Admittedly I didn't put much thought into the tiebreaker as I'm not really familiar with the climo in all those locations in the report. But its just a tiebreaker so I didn't care too much, plus I assumed most would model hug and go with much colder temps at the four airports than me. I just think the idea of the cold shot is being overdone. But I've been wrong many times too. I try to be polite on here and just get tired of certain people (like Ellinwood) constantly mocking others, especially when their forecasts have been frequently wrong.

Admittedly I didn't put much thought into the tiebreaker as I'm not really familiar with the climo in all those locations in the report. But its just a tiebreaker so I didn't care too much, plus I assumed most would model hug and go with much colder temps at the four airports than me. I just think the idea of the cold shot is being overdone. But I've been wrong many times too. I try to be polite on here and just get tired of certain people (like Ellinwood) constantly mocking others, especially when their forecasts have been frequently wrong.

lol

Ellinwood has had forecasts that have really impressed me and others that were terrible, but I think that goes for most people

yes...it is just a tiebreaker and I overshot MOS as well at at least 3 of the 4 stations

Ellinwood has had forecasts that have really impressed me and others that were terrible, but I think that goes for most people

Bingo. This past winter sucked, but I rocked last summer and had one of the better forecasts for winter 2010-11... on top of that I finished 1st in the forecasting contest last year (though I'll have some ground to make up this year).

Tootin' my own horn because I can, though I totally did fail this winter. You'd be hard-pressed to find a winter 2011-12 forecast worse than mine.

Archived