Newest Member
    joxey
Forest Fire Thread- SNE-Updated for summer drought/torch

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>

Not a big surprise in Brimfield. Following the 89 tornadoes the people in litchfield county were petrified about the dead trees catching fire.

a co-worker has a friend who lives in Brimfield, lost most of his trees to the Tornado, then lost all but one to Irene then lost his last tree to the Halloween storm. Brutal year for those folks, they also had roof collapses last winter and severe ice jams with roof failures. Talk about being in the epicenter of everything.

Pretty obscure reference Kevin, I'd be surprised if few if any other folks on the forum under 50 know Arthur Brown.

(I worked in a used record store many years ago so got some exposure to some oddities and the Crazy World of Arthur Brown is one of them)

I think pretty much every fan of music knows that song.

Kiss got it's entire makeup/theatrical stage show concept from him

The area where I live was devastated by that fire. the family homestead survived the fire because it was situated in a gully between 2 hills. when the fire jumped one from hill to the other it passed right over their house every other house in that neighborhood was destroyed. My aunt and a cousin of mine have written a book about that fire and how our family was affected.

The area where I live was devastated by that fire. the family homestead survived the fire because it was situated in a gully between 2 hills. when the fire jumped one from hill to the other it passed right over their house every other house in that neighborhood was destroyed. My aunt and a cousin of mine have written a book about that fire and how our family was affected.

Wildfire Loose?

The valley has about 60% leaf out. Right on schedule

Ask around on here. I'll try and snap pics today near the office. It';s very green

Taken outside the office..not alot of trees right near the building..but you get the picture..many trees with small leaves out

47C65C4D.jpg

Is that what you consider full leaf out? Small leaf buds do not equal full leaves imho. I see some activity in the valley, but even there there are tons of trees with no activity. I'm going to take lots of pictures on the 15th and let every judge but so far I'm not seeing any full leaves out or 100% of the trees across northern CT.

Is that what you consider full leaf out? Small leaf buds do not equal full leaves imho. I see some activity in the valley, but even there there are tons of trees with no activity. I'm going to take lots of pictures on the 15th and let every judge but so far I'm not seeing any full leaves out or 100% of the trees across northern CT.

Thanks for adding some reality into the picture. AWT leaf out fail by mid April.

Archived