joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Forest Fire Thread- SNE-Updated for summer drought/torch

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked a 6 acre brush fire in Webster Ma this morning, mostly mop up as crews were called early last evening and worked until dark to wet down most of the area. What we found this morning was beneath surface the fire was burning/running 3-4 inches deep in moss and the soil was nothing but dust below the surface. I am sure they will be back there this week as no way to get all the hot spots.

I think fire crews will be busy this week if the current forecast holds up!

Worked a 6 acre brush fire in Webster Ma this morning, mostly mop up as crews were called early last evening and worked until dark to wet down most of the area. What we found this morning was beneath surface the fire was burning/running 3-4 inches deep in moss and the soil was nothing but dust below the surface. I am sure they will be back there this week as no way to get all the hot spots.

I think fire crews will be busy this week if the current forecast holds up!

Brutal bro, dry as a tinderbox, drove home in rain last night around 145am, the ground is parched. Stay safe.

Did you say your wife works in Ashford?  Hopefully they can get it under control, 30 acres is pretty big.

I'm going to go up to one of the top floors of the high building on campus and look out that way and see if I can see any smoke.

Its in the most forested area of the state,, burning duff, not really a crazy fire and the state is on it, been burning since yesterday.

High fire danger up here this afternoon. Temps should climb up into the upper 70s to near 80 from CON to MHT with dews crashing to around 20. The MET has 77/17 for CON at 21z. That's an RH of 10%. Combine that with winds gusting to 20-25mph and you have big problems.

Passed a visible forest fire in Taunton (originally looked like Rehoboth from the highway), Mass. on I-195. Billowing smoke plume was visible from downtown Providence. Not sure of the size of the fire but it is a very forested area and current temp here (8mi south) is 81.5F with an amazingly low humidity of 16%, right on the waterfront.

Another one in town.

Tolland firefighters responded to a 5 to 6-acre fire on Shenipsit Lake Road on Tuesday, knocking it almost completely down by the early evening, according to Fire Chief and Public Safety Director John Littell.

Littell said that the fire was located close to 428 Shenipsit Lake Road, and that the department called in man power and resource help from North Coventry,and CT DEEP since local responders were returning from another fire in Willington.

The fire was close to a barn, but was knocked down before damaging the building, Littell said

Archived