• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

Umm.. Thats normal. The past few yrs have spoiled quite a few who live on or near the coast.

It does happen occasionally with normal winters, but this winter it's been closer to me more frequently than usual; typically the rain/snow line varies with each storm, either way to my north or just to my north when it rains here, but with most of the cases where the rain/snow line was nearby, it was just a short distance to my north, sometimes barely 10 miles, and some runs of the NAM/CMC are showing a similar outcome again. Given this set up as well as very marginal surface temperatures, I find it very hard to believe it snows here, with places such as SE NY and Connecticut more likely to see at least some snow.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are some pretty insane differences. Makes me not want to put too much stock in either solution right now.

Right, it looks like there are saying there will be a weakness near the Maritimes but not the big lingering cutofff that it

was previously showing.

['quote name=bluewave' timestamp='1333058573' post='1474443]

12z ensembles along with Euro moving away from the big cutoff idea in the long range.

There is no continuity so I'll take that with a grain of salt, the Euro has been fairly poor in the long range this season.

So much for the torch early next week, too much of a blocking influence will devoid us on any 70F+ readings next week, unless things change that is.

It does happen occasionally with normal winters, but this winter it's been closer to me more frequently than usual; typically the rain/snow line varies with each storm, either way to my north or just to my north when it rains here, but with most of the cases where the rain/snow line was nearby, it was just a short distance to my north, sometimes barely 10 miles, and some runs of the NAM/CMC are showing a similar outcome again. Given this set up as well as very marginal surface temperatures, I find it very hard to believe it snows here, with places such as SE NY and Connecticut more likely to see at least some snow.

I guess it would depend where exactly in NENJ you live. Im sure places along the Hudson in Bergen cty have a similar climo to southern Westchester. From my yrs living up here I have noticed the R/S loves to setup through the Ramsey/Mahwah area..

I guess it would depend where exactly in NENJ you live. Im sure places along the Hudson in Bergen cty have a similar climo to southern Westchester. From my yrs living up here I have noticed the R/S loves to setup through the Ramsey/Mahwah area..

Yup, I remember as a kid many times the Suffern toll barrier on the Thruway was a typical r/s line.

Yes that is correct traveling on 17 north. And if you are on 208 the r/s line occurs right as you climb the hill from hawthorne to wyckoff.

Archived