• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can also see it on TDWR TEWR.

Related to this maybe?

EARLE — Officials are reminding area residents explosives training is planned for the base this week in conjunction with the federal Transportation Security Administration.

The Explosive Ordinance Disposal team at Naval Weapons Station Earle periodically coordinates this and other types of explosive demolition training, said Public Affairs Officer Michael Brady.

“Local residents living near Naval Weapons Station Earle should not be alarmed if they hear detonations,” Brady said.

The detonations are planned for the afternoon hours, but weather conditions could push the activity to the morning on some days.

I would think that plume is too large for the smoke that would be released from these detonations. But I have no idea. Also with the wind/fire potential I would think they might hold off. Not only that but the plume is originating up in Middlesex county near Carteret/Perth Amboy, Earle is quite a bit south of there.

Related to this maybe?

EARLE — Officials are reminding area residents explosives training is planned for the base this week in conjunction with the federal Transportation Security Administration.

The Explosive Ordinance Disposal team at Naval Weapons Station Earle periodically coordinates this and other types of explosive demolition training, said Public Affairs Officer Michael Brady.

“Local residents living near Naval Weapons Station Earle should not be alarmed if they hear detonations,” Brady said.

The detonations are planned for the afternoon hours, but weather conditions could push the activity to the morning on some days.

GFS continues the idea of backing off any type of "winter" weather or pattern. Nothing has changed. Its pretty toasty at the end of the run before truncation.

No shock there..no snowcover in Canada means we'll trend warmer as time marches on...sure a cold day or night here and there, but doubt we see a prolonged negative deparature with regard to sensible weather.

No shock there..no snowcover in Canada means we'll trend warmer as time marches on...sure a cold day or night here and there, but doubt we see a prolonged negative deparature with regard to sensible weather.

GFS has normal weather for March/April. With the usual wild swings. Pattern does not support any sustained cold or suatained torches, for the forseeable future.

For the 1st time in months, we have a sustained -nao in place and long term models continue it for the next 2 weeks.

GFS has normal weather for March/April. With the usual wild swings. Pattern does not support any sustained cold or suatained torches, for the forseeable future.

For the 1st time in months, we have a sustained -nao in place and long term models continue it for the next 2 weeks.

Also, there will be snowcover in a lot of Canada and Vermont/Maine after the next 7-10 days.

This is about as loud as I've heard it up here. We can actually feel the breeze THROUGH the windows.

it's definitely ripping out there... the intrusion of colder air at the upper levels with still relatively warm surface temps is likely creating very steep lapse rates and allowing higher wind gusts to mix down.

This is about as loud as I've heard it up here. We can actually feel the breeze THROUGH the windows.

You're in the upper Chrysler Building, correct? I'm a couple of blocks away and there's not much wind here near the ground (I'm on the 3rd floor). Occasionally a moderate breeze. Mixing must not be making it completely to the ground.

You're in the upper Chrysler Building, correct? I'm a couple of blocks away and there's not much wind here near the ground (I'm on the 3rd floor). Occasionally a moderate breeze. Mixing must not be making it completely to the ground.

Yea 50 floors up, and not much blocking the wind.

Archived