• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the dewpoints dropping into the single digits and strong CAA, even Central Park should dip into the upper 20's tonight.

only thing i'm worried about is the deep mixing that will be continuing through the night. Upton mentions we're mixing up to 800 mb. I'm just concerned it's gonna hold temps up a bit tonight.

Wind is still intense here. Just had another 30+ gust.

I'm on the 37th floor and I don't notice any movement... was outside and not that windy...

We probably get some tunneling effect here, as we are right beside the Metlife building and up and down Lex and 3rd there are some pretty tall buildings.

The wind is strong enough right now that it keeps unlocking the windows (yes, we have single-pane windows you can open up just like any regular window).

We probably get some tunneling effect here, as we are right beside the Metlife building and up and down Lex and 3rd there are some pretty tall buildings.

The wind is strong enough right now that it keeps unlocking the windows (yes, we have single-pane windows you can open up just like any regular window).

Eh. My building is in the 6th Ave canyon... even this high you can't see too far away. I guess it's so bulky it doesn't sway that much.

Eh. My building is in the 6th Ave canyon... even this high you can't see too far away. I guess it's so bulky it doesn't sway that much.

Yea this building isn't super bulky, especially this high up. There must be a pretty significant increase in winds in that 13 floor difference because we have been getting ridiculous gusts all day (although they have subsided somewhat in the past hour).

SLK couldn't make it out of the 20's today after hitting 70 degrees 5 days in a row last week.

Apple farmers across upstate NY are worried about their crop tonight.

http://www.bloomberg...-warmth-1-.html

I have family up there so I follow the weather. Simply a ridiculous swing in temperatures. Forecasted to drop down to 2 F tonight, more than 15 F below average.

Archived