Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Observations and Discussions

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the story is becoming the winds here now. Gusts to 40 mph or so. (40 reported at the Chapel Hill airport).

In this area Bozarts WS has had a 43, GUC has had a 41 and PGV a 36.....but the winner thus far at least on this end of the state is Manteo with a gust to 48 and Hatteras with a gust to 52.

congrats to those who got snow. yesterday around 3pm, was outside and to my surprise saw a few flakes floating down in the wind. I'm 60 or so miles N of ATL, within site of the App Mtns, and the temp was mid to upper 40s. I think they were blowing in from some updrafts coming off the mtns. I'd be curious to see if motowx saw any.

Unfortunately I was not home from noon til 8pm and was down in the Alpharetta area where I obviously saw squat. LOL...

congrats to those who got snow. yesterday around 3pm, was outside and to my surprise saw a few flakes floating down in the wind. I'm 60 or so miles N of ATL, within site of the App Mtns, and the temp was mid to upper 40s. I think they were blowing in from some updrafts coming off the mtns. I'd be curious to see if motowx saw any.

I was in and out all Sunday afternoon and saw nothing but a few scattered clouds over here in Cleveland. So consider yourself lucky lol.

Plenty of wind though, Sunday and yesterday. Had some 35-40MPH gusts (estimated). Nearly blew me off the road on several occasions.

On the bright side, we hit 29 this morning. Saw a few dead bugs lying around but most are in hiding ready to come out full force about this time on Thursday.

well we did get some snow Monday and made a little money with ice melt. Started mowing properties yesterday and going through equipment. Put a truck with a plow and salter up for sale as I want to upgrade a little for next winter. Hopefully it will be much better than this one. Who knows what is in store for rest of month, never know around here. Snow one day, sun,then rain, snow, then tornadoes then cold and windy. Got to love living in the Southeast

Per the Euro, a pretty amazing nation-wide warmup on tap for next week. Bring it!

The nation wide warm up that is coming up is pretty remarkable, even for this time of year. Not often you see virtually the entire country with above freezing 850mb temps this time of year (which it does show 100% of the lower 48 with above freezing 850mb temps around 180 hours on the 0z run)

I'm tired of this "winter", if you can call it that, so I'm ready to put it behind us and am looking forward to warm weather and more storms to say the least. I just hope we don't pay for it in april. These types of extreme patterns often like to sling shot back and I sure don't want a cold april...nothing I hate worse than cold shots in april.

Wish we could get into more of the extreme rain event coming up out west. But we've been in a pattern where we at least get some appreciable rainfall once or twice a week so things have approved a lot. Hopefully that continues into april but we'll see.

The latest GFS is really backing off on the rain chances next week for my area. Looks like a 582 dm ridge is building over the Gulf of Mexico and reaching NE from there. Looks like a pattern I'm way too familiar with during the drought of the last few years. After tomorrow morning, verbatim, I'm dry for a week or so.

The latest GFS is really backing off on the rain chances next week for my area. Looks like a 582 dm ridge is building over the Gulf of Mexico and reaching NE from there. Looks like a pattern I'm way too familiar with during the drought of the last few years. After tomorrow morning, verbatim, I'm dry for a week or so.

The last thing we need is a dry pattern going into the warmer months. Can't stand dry weather when we need rain to wash the pollen away!

One of these days/years the drought will end.....one day :hug:

Currently it's 76 degrees with a breeze blowing the pollen around :lol:

The nation wide warm up that is coming up is pretty remarkable, even for this time of year. Not often you see virtually the entire country with above freezing 850mb temps this time of year (which it does show 100% of the lower 48 with above freezing 850mb temps around 180 hours on the 0z run)

I'm tired of this "winter", if you can call it that, so I'm ready to put it behind us and am looking forward to warm weather and more storms to say the least. I just hope we don't pay for it in april. These types of extreme patterns often like to sling shot back and I sure don't want a cold april...nothing I hate worse than cold shots in april.

Wish we could get into more of the extreme rain event coming up out west. But we've been in a pattern where we at least get some appreciable rainfall once or twice a week so things have approved a lot. Hopefully that continues into april but we'll see.

Maybe this type of extreme pattern will sling shot back and give us a cold summer ! Maybe we'll be 5-10 degrees below normal this summer. What a nice break that would be ! After having 90 days of 90+ temps last summer, it would be nice to go the entire summer without hitting 90. I'm hoping for a cool and wet summer.

Might need to issue an advisory for blowing and drifting pollen. What a winter!

At least I can't measure the pollen with a ruler just yet :lol:

Awesome feeling outside for today with 71 for the high.

77 for a high here today and it just reminded me that the 90's will be here soon <_<:P

One of these days/years the drought will end.....one day :hug:

Currently it's 76 degrees with a breeze blowing the pollen around :lol:

I'm sure glad you've been getting "some" rain. I got another 1/2 inch the other night. It's almost gotten to the point when the models show rain, I'm expecting "rain", not a half hour of drizzle, lol. I know I'm apt to pay for my hubris, but for these last few weeks, I've begun to believe in the certitude of rain again...like in my youth when I could play in the gutter during thunderstorms, and a wall of water rushed down the street. Not like the last few years when I could walk across the yard during a rain storm, and not get wet :) Tony

Archived