Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Long-Range Spring 2012 Thread

SoCoWx

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I see absolutely nothing in the foreseeable future that looks like anything even remotely resembling something in the ballpark of possibly being considered as potential interesting weather. The torch looks to continue and no legitimate severe weather threats exist. Capital B to the oring.....just like this miserable excuse for a Winter.

I see absolutely nothing in the foreseeable future that looks like anything even remotely resembling something in the ballpark of possibly being considered as potential interesting weather. The torch looks to continue and no legitimate severe weather threats exist. Capital B to the oring.....just like this miserable excuse for a Winter.

+1

This is when this forum gets really reallllyyyy slowwww. I have the SPC's conv. outlook page set to my homepage so I reckon I'll come back when I see something intersting pop up. As of now, I don't garden or fish, so I need to find another hobby.

+14C 850mb temperature anomalies just south of Hudson Bay on the Week 1 Euro weeklies that came out last night...+10C is covering much of the northeast, plains and midwest...about as impressive a warm spell relative to normal as you will see...

+14C 850mb temperature anomalies just south of Hudson Bay on the Week 1 Euro weeklies that came out last night...+10C is covering much of the northeast, plains and midwest...about as impressive a warm spell relative to normal as you will see...

Hi Bob! Hope all is well with you?!

Those weeklies seemed to verify well over the winter months. Have you had any further thoughts on how this summer may play out compared to normals? TIA!

Hi Bob! Hope all is well with you?!

Those weeklies seemed to verify well over the winter months. Have you had any further thoughts on how this summer may play out compared to normals? TIA!

All is good here! Thanks for asking.

As long as ENSO drifts into a warm episode I like the near normal scenario...front loaded but not quite so cool as 09...maybe a little less cooler than 08.

I am somewhat concerned that this pattern is going to perpetuate drought conditions over the southeast if it continues. Dry springs in TN are usually disasterous for agriculture. Let's hope the pattern shifts to a weak Nino - If not, time to get out the water hose.

Agreed. CPC is already hinting at a major drought on their indicator graphs.

sbfinal.gif

lbfinal.gif

Dry... I've had 5.31" for the year so far. 1.17" for the march so far.

Departures from Normal

Nov +1.06" - wettest month of 2011, only one other month had above normal.

Dec -0.98"

Jan -2.82"

Feb -1.01"

March - less than 1/2 of normal.

I'm only at 0.57 for March. Doesn't bode well.

Dry... I've had 5.31" for the year so far. 1.17" for the march so far.

Departures from Normal

Nov +1.06" - wettest month of 2011, only one other month had above normal.

Dec -0.98"

Jan -2.82"

Feb -1.01"

March - less than 1/2 of normal.

Nov 1.68 (-1.06)

Dec 1.11 (-2.11)

Jan 1.76 (-1.82)

Feb 2.46 - most rain I have seen in MONTHS (-1.15)

Mar .95 (normal for the month is 4.95)

I'm down -3.81 for this year already :(

The NAO is not looking so positive in the long run. Oh boy.

Doubt any northern latitude blocking is going to be of much consequence this time of year, and this Spring. Warming between 10-20N should exert enough influence to keep the mean storm track through the Plains/MS river valley and any shots of cold transient and glancing, 40N. Doubt we have had our last frost here, seen them in early May, but heavy freezes are over, even 20's in my mind are gone at this point till Nov. I strongly feel that we are going to the SE ridge get cranking into Bermuda, nosing into SE Canada at times (like the next week), storm track is west, instability abound, but without any sig triggers, could be a dry period (3-4 weeks) for many.

Alright, so I am getting married in 8 days so I am hoping the current pattern we are in can hold thru next Saturday the 24th.

I'm pretty confident we are going to be ok temp wise based on what I have seen but I am just not sure what the outlook is precip wise. I'm conflicted based on what I have read and looked at. What are the experts opinions? Trending dry or wet towards next weekend for Florida?

Lol Best forecast on Wunderground for next Wednesday in 10 days says High of 93 with a heat index of 122. lol

haha that's crazy. I would not discount wunderground though. I have been using them for forecasts for 5 years now. I think they are very accurate form my personal experience. They are, for sure, better than accuweather haha

Archived