• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Largest Svr Warn Box, ever...

Is there any possibility that a hacker from outside of the NWS broke into their network and issued these warnings without the NWS even knowing???

I suppose that's possible. I think it's more likely a wild monkey got loose in operations. I suppose we'll really never know for sure tho.

I'd like to know considering we pay their salaries. Maybe I'll write the MIC a letter.. I'm really interested to see what happened.

I have a feeling it was more to due with a misinterpretation of environ conds and expectations of that system due to previous mesoscale experiences, such as was pointed out in the chats.

I wonder if the NWS office received any complaints/comments from the media, etc. regarding this.

According to their fb page and chat...yes. We had media guys here asking us about it in our chat. I'm sure the webmaster account had an increase in emails along with management.

PHI issued an SVR at 414 PM and was valid during AKQ's neighboring tornado warning (issued at 423 PM). AKQ issued an SVR at 414 PM:

Sorry, was out for the weekend and didn't see this:

My bad then, I assumed only what was displaying on my warnings placefile in GR2AE. I only saw the tornado warning the time.

According to their fb page and chat...yes. We had media guys here asking us about it in our chat. I'm sure the webmaster account had an increase in emails along with management.

Thanks. I should have known to check their facebook page. Some interesting comments on the chat I am sure.

Archived