joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This winter will make all of younguns' Appreciate the good years.

When I was a kid.....nah this is the worst. No cold AND no snow.

unless the mayans were right, in which case no more good years to appreciate in the future, and damn what a lame finish this is

if anything good can be said about this debacle of a winter: most hilarious posts i've seen since joining eastern/american

Raining here in the Monadnocks at 39F, disgusting out. Feels like mid-April, not February. Still can't get over how bad this winter has been.

When you combine the lack of snow, warmth, and boredom...I think it's the worst winter that many can remember, so far. I'm not sure that can be argued with those metrics.

48.5 at 11AM partly cloudy skies forecast high today was 47 and already over it which is no big surprise this year. Looking good for low 50's to maybe 53,54? Ill enjoy the warmth but still wish id get at least one warning criteria storm during meteorological winter. But as Ray said wish in one hand and s*** in the other and see which one fills up first.

Edit: while typing I jumped up 1.1* to 49.6

If people want to have winter they should go wherever skiMRG and powderfreak live. At least I can see snow daily through skiMRG's truck windshield as opposed to daffodils pushing up through the ground here.

I'm pretty sure MRG lives under the dome from the Simpsons movie. He's probably 25 and snowing today while everyone else is in the 50s.

It speaks to how unique his climate is that he has any snow at all.

I'm pretty sure MRG lives under the dome from the Simpsons movie. He's probably 25 and snowing today while everyone else is in the 50s.

It is interesting but there is snow cover up there as seen on the NOHRSC map. You can even see the meso stations are cooler near there than places elsewhere without snow cover.

Yeah I have no idea why the weather is that different there. I mean we're talking about elevations of ~1500 ft, which is not much, though I can't profess to be a Mass. climate expert beyond looking at the numbers.

Archived