SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/27/12 SWFE Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin you don't need snowpack for CAD. Just a semblance of high pressure to the northeast or even east, and a weak secondary. That's what we got. Now 42F after a high of 46F.

I know we don't need snowpack..but I just find it odd how it happened. I could see the valley staying cool..but I don't think I';ve ever seen Union get that warm and me not

33F and snowing fairly hard now.

Ahhh so nice to see big fat flakes pouring out of the sky again.

this was actually a really fun event in ottawa.

1 inch of snow, then 8 hours of freezing rain and then 2 inches on the backside. it looks amazing outside and has been a wintry day.

aside from that event a couple weeks back, this was my favorite event of the year, which is sad really lol.

no but seriously it just looks great.

Extremely windy here ..blew me over on the ice on my way in from the car...some newspapers about 500 feet down the hedgerow now probably.

Got in from NYC and I see we hit 39.4 here today and would appear to be holding our previous cruddy few inches on most of the lawn. Last nights stuff is gone. 33 now.

60 down in NY today...ugly.

ORH gusted to 50!

Extremely windy here ..blew me over on the ice on my way in from the car...some newspapers about 500 feet down the hedgerow now probably.

Got in from NYC and I see we hit 39.4 here today and would appear to be holding our previous cruddy few inches on most of the lawn. Last nights stuff is gone. 33 now.

60 down in NY today...ugly.

Did the frosted mane on the head get wind whipped?

Archived