joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DT, Henry M, Steve D, JB Talk

TheTrials

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a Trials appreciation thread too. He's our head weenie and captain here behind Metfan...

give me a break, i never weenie out in the series disco threads. Whatever I say in banter is just that. But I agree, i thought this thing was a turd because of what the pattern has been, we really threaded the needle this time.

give me a break, i never weenie out in the series disco threads. Whatever I say in banter is just that. But I agree, i thought this thing was a turd because of what the pattern has been, we really threaded the needle this time.

shows you how hard it is to get a snowless winter here from end to end--even the worst patterns produce something... Like 01-02, this may be a big event, a 4 inch moderate event. We go back to snowless after this event.

shows you how hard it is to get a snowless winter here from end to end--even the worst patterns produce something... Like 01-02, this may be a big event, a 4 inch moderate event. We go back to snowless after this event.

The day 7 system, which is shown as an apps runner today, should be watched.

Not a knock, just think it is ridiculous to have a thread to talk about certain pro-met forecasts. Sad.

no whats sad is when we have to scroll through 3 pages of metfan putting up the wrong stuff about these guys and then 20 people responding and bickering about it and yada yada yada

nah..those guys have some creditability in them....

I was gonna pound my chest earlier for the guarantee I made in the banter thread 8-9 days ago that we'd see a snow event by the 22nd. I also told a few friends back on Monday we'd see 2-5 inches of snow Saturday, I'll be using this one for awhile whenever I bust a forecast with them down the road.

I was gonna pound my chest earlier for the guarantee I made in the banter thread 8-9 days ago that we'd see a snow event by the 22nd. I also told a few friends back on Monday we'd see 2-5 inches of snow Saturday, I'll be using this one for awhile whenever I bust a forecast with them down the road.

LOL-the Euro too had something for this date for the longest time too....

I remember that. Good call!

LOL-the Euro too had something for this date for the longest time too....

Little has changed in the last 20 years in this aspect of modeling. The models are still terrible with tropical storm intensity/track, convection, and warm air advection. Overrunning snow events involve numerous aspects of WAA in addition to another feature the models struggle with which is the dislodgement of cold air masses. They continually want to make SW flow events rainy in the medium range and too far north, they then often overcorrect too far south before shifting north again. The severity of this has modified in the past 20 years, it was not uncommon 20 years ago to see a storm like we have tomorrow modeled to have snow in Burlington and Montreal 2 days out before it shifted 300 miles south.

Do people actually pay for Steve D's thoughts?

Yes, Metfan, abc1234, several others.

He also pays people to mention his name on this website so he can get more hits on his which is a violation of the board rules i believe. He used to post here /eastern till he got pounded into submission by the tropical mets one day when he tried to throw around big words and talk shop with them and well, those guys dont play well with others.

Archived