• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DT, Henry M, Steve D, JB Talk

TheTrials

If he didn't give up, he really needs to because that's ridiculous. If any Met still thinks this winter will amount to something, then they really shouldn't be Mets. Let's face reality enough, it's mid February and everything for the most part has failed so let's wrap this up.

we could still pull off something.. climatologically, we have a bit of time.. but it also depends on what your viewpoint is regarding the winter "amounting to something".. that is a bit subjective.. We could get a late season bomb.. maybe in some people's opinion, they will interpret that as being enough to make up for the rest of the winter.

The October snowicane was enough for me to make it a worthwhile winter season..even though that really didn't occur in winter... well.. you kinda know what I mean.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we could still pull off something.. climatologically, we have a bit of time.. but it also depends on what your viewpoint is regarding the winter "amounting to something".. that is a bit subjective.. We could get a late season bomb.. maybe in some people's opinion, they will interpret that as being enough to make up for the rest of the winter.

The October snowicane was enough for me to make it a worthwhile winter season..even though that really didn't occur in winter... well.. you kinda know what I mean.

Agree, but what's interesting is that since we had the oct storm, we've had a grand total of 3 events that have delivered 1.00 inches of QPF or more...that's it. I would be surprised at some big QPF producer at this point....

Yeah to think nothing can occur in the next 6 weeks and canceling winter altogether would be foolish. It's certainly not looking hopeful but again 91-92 was an awful horrible winter up until mid March and then we got back to back heavy wet snowstorms...

If he didn't give up, he really needs to because that's ridiculous. If any Met still thinks this winter will amount to something, then they really shouldn't be Mets. Let's face reality enough, it's mid February and everything for the most part has failed so let's wrap this up.

You couldn't pay me to read the nonsense that Bastardi writes or says. However, his usual m.o. is to take some "crumb" and magnify it to some vindication or verification of his forecasts when, in fact, it couldn't be further from the truth.. That crumb would be an event such as this weekend. If NYC were to see a 3" snowfall and Philly 6", he would twist and turn that into a never ending rant on "how he had seen the pattern changing to snow and how he nailed it". Never mind the incorrect rants, never mind the busts, never mind all that he has gotten woefully and dreadfully wrong for months. He would run with that one snowfall as some kind of confirmation of his forecasting prowess and ignore all the rest. He's nothing but a con man. The profession truly suffers by the likes of him.

His tweets go to his facebook wall. I stopped following because the CO2/Global warming thing just got ridiculous. He's just flatout obsessed now and I really think it has affected his forecasting abilities (whatever was there to begin with)

maybe that is why he cannot forecast his way out of a paper bag this year

you just have to hope Merlin sticks with the format. I see they canned the PD too...

sports on AM vs FM is a different story...not too many towns have seen their news stations move to FM--look at Boston, Philly etc--all still have high rating AM news stations that have been around for eons--old habits die hard.

Randy Michaels(along with his investors) is sticking with the format and will be expanding to more markets in the future. Remember when 1010 WINS started up? Probably not since it was 1965....it didn't catch on for a while, but then they were well-known. This is going to take a while, but people are finding us and tuning in.

I liked that station (101.9) and was pissed when they made it another radio news station. Why should there be news on FM? AM has 880 and 1010 WINS as others have said.

If you had an HD radio you could listen to 97.1 HD-2. It's where the old "RXP" is now. RXP probably would have never been in existence because Emmis(that owned RXP, owns Hot 97 and Kiss FM) was losing money and wanted to sell off a few of their stations in New York and Chicago.

I heard NJ 101.5 may buy 94.7 kind of makes sense, because it's a NJ based signal and doesn't get out too far in LI or CT.

I see Press Communications, not Townsquare Media bidding on that station....along with ESPN.

You couldn't pay me to read the nonsense that Bastardi writes or says. However, his usual m.o. is to take some "crumb" and magnify it to some vindication or verification of his forecasts when, in fact, it couldn't be further from the truth.. That crumb would be an event such as this weekend. If NYC were to see a 3" snowfall and Philly 6", he would twist and turn that into a never ending rant on "how he had seen the pattern changing to snow and how he nailed it". Never mind the incorrect rants, never mind the busts, never mind all that he has gotten woefully and dreadfully wrong for months. He would run with that one snowfall as some kind of confirmation of his forecasting prowess and ignore all the rest. He's nothing but a con man. The profession truly suffers by the likes of him.

Truly suffers? Who does?

His tweets go to his facebook wall. I stopped following because the CO2/Global warming thing just got ridiculous. He's just flatout obsessed now and I really think it has affected his forecasting abilities (whatever was there to begin with)

Do you think he's forecasting cold all the time so he can "disprove" global warming?

Do you think he's forecasting cold all the time so he can "disprove" global warming?

not exactly=he is trying to get his feb forecast to verify-he called for a pattern change to cold and nsowy-so he clings on every little threat to try to get it to snow....one year that he went warm (rare I know!) he was poo poing every storm saying it was the last before we flipped to warm...ironically that year we hafd a nice cold snowy december!

Don't you pay for JB? After his 5th or 6th epic bust this year, I don't known why anybody even gives him a penny. He can't even see reality at this point. Steve has done pretty good this year, and at least he sees reality.

The only way I know what these fools are saying is because of this thread....I think its pointless to get any of there info....the mets here are way better then any of these guys....Steve I don't go to his site.....really no reason to...

Only outside site I go to is from a pro forecaster in ur forum....top notch and no bs....

Don't you pay for JB? After his 5th or 6th epic bust this year, I don't know why anybody even gives him a penny. He can't even see reality at this point. Steve has done pretty good this year, and at least he sees reality.

Steve D is by far the best at the Day 3-7 range at picking it out threats over any one of these guys. DT would be a close 2nd as he also generally is only going to bark if the setup at 500mb across the NATL and Western U.S. supports a storm, the only problem is that DT wavers a bit from model run to model run in this range at times and is also wishy washy in that he posts 4 different models and you don't know if he is saying the model is forecasting that or HE actually thinks that will happen. I don't know what the hell goes on with Henry M and JB honestly, the NAO could be +4 with a trough in the west and they're calling for a KU storm. The short range is harder, all 4 of these guys not to mention LC, the real HM, and others can be all forecasting different things, at the end of the day they probably all have their hits and misses in the shorter range but I find for sure that DT consistently goes too high on accumulations in good setups and goes way too low in marginal ones.

The only way I know what these fools are saying is because of this thread....I think its pointless to get any of there info....the mets here are way better then any of these guys....Steve I don't go to his site.....really no reason to...

Only outside site I go to is from a pro forecaster in ur forum....top notch and no bs....

I don't pay for Steve either, but he's not a bad met. He forecasts my area pretty good. And yes you're right, why pay when I get all the info I need from this board?

Most of my clients need a forecast beyond what you see here. Stuff like when they should have their men working, farming preparation, flight conditions, etc. If you don't need any of that, than yeah I can see why you wouldn't want to pay $10 a month. Does that bother me? No, of course not. I don't want a client that's unhappy and what I provide likely is not for you. So if you say I get everything I need from a forum, I say than great. Use that. A lot of people only need what I have on twitter, which is fine too. I started my service because I was doing the same thing for another company and not getting paid what I wanted, plus I had to live in Oklahoma. Now, I'm doing the same thing, paid well, and get to live close to my family.

In short, whether I'm liked or not is immaterial to me for this forum. If my clients like what I do and that base keeps growing, which it is, that is what matters.

One more thing: Busts happen. They'll happen to every meteorologist you read. It's part of the game. What's important is to be upfront about that bust. Explain what happened to the best of your ability and then move forward. The one issue I have with JB and HM is that they ignore their busts like as if they never happen. He did it right to my "face" on twitter. I was shocked. One thing you'll get from myself and DT for that matter is not only admitting a bust but explaining why we were wrong.

24 hours prior to Blizzard of '83...heavy snow expected no further north than S. Jersey...a day later there was over a foot in parts of Massachusetts..not just the Cape but areas west of Boston...in fairness, numerical modeling / computer forecasts have come light years in the last 3 decades...

Archived