Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tombo82685

Medium Range Thread

678 posts in this topic

I like seeing women walking around in sundresses as opposed to bundled up to the extreme? Other than that, I'd have to question Allsnow's and your capacity to read for context.

It was a joke, relax. I know that is what you meant.

Just an FYI more than anything else, there are a couple of good threads to pay attention to in the Met 101 forum re: model guidance and how it's created.

JB's map for next week, heaviest snow dark blue

AlQ8Yg5CAAMu8EY.jpg

Today: mostly sunny with temps in the upper 40's/low 50's. I don't want to be critical but this wasn't one of JB's better forecasts. :whistle:

Today: mostly sunny with temps in the upper 40's/low 50's. I don't want to be critical but this wasn't one of JB's better forecasts. :whistle:

Heckuva way to run a warm up.

:devilsmiley:

70's in early march?

I mean, it's possible. Means go from 46 to 51 over the course of the 1st-15th. I don't see any cold signals at all for that first half of March.

I mean, it's possible. Means go from 46 to 51 over the course of the 1st-15th. I don't see any cold signals at all for that first half of March.

Then again, as we go into spring, a lot of the winter teleconnections start to lose their significance. By this time, it's not much help to look at the stratosphere for example, so I'm basing the entire forecast on the MJO, PDO, warm Atlantic SSTs, and no snow in Canada to develop cold air masses. We'll see.

post-105-0-90749400-1329307513.gif

Based on the EC from last night we'd be entering phase 3 right around the last few days of Feb...perhaps the torch's arrival for March 6th on?

30 day temperature anomaly forecast at PHL:

Feb 15-Feb 29: +6

Mar 1-Mar 15: +10

i hope we leap right into spring. My fear is we get into mid march to may with cool rainy conditions.

oooo a bl issue coastal at hr 177 on the GFS last night.

The more impressive feature on the models last night was that deep low in the Northern Plains at hr 216+ on the Euro from last night. That looks fun to drive in a semi through.

oooo a bl issue coastal at hr 177 on the GFS last night.

The more impressive feature on the models last night was that deep low in the Northern Plains at hr 216+ on the Euro from last night. That looks fun to drive in a semi through.

We have had so many issues this winter that our issues have had issues.

Today's 12z gfs run sure looks like that its in mode conflict with the mjo and teleconnection indices.

Could hit 60-65 on Friday ahead of the front...pretty potent storm that will blow into Canada. Might be a changeover to snow north/west of I-80 and I-81 post-storm.