Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Hudson Valley Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest the 10/29/11 storm didnt do nearly as good up here as it did lets say in 20 mins south in Middletown and I was dissapointed. I moved from Beacon in Dutchess county. Whats funny is I worked in Rock Hill for 2 years prior to moving up here and it seemed like it used to snow every day when I had to drive up 17 during the past 2 winters. Now i'm here we cant get lucky with something big...but maybe this will be changing over Feb (wishing).

my bad, I thought you were in Rock Tavern just up the road from me. Much respect for driving up there everyday on Rt 17 in the snow from Dutchess.

You might be in the the sweet spot this time if the 18Z NAM warm trend carry's in to the other models.

Still light snow falling in Monroe. Haven't been out yet but based on looking at my driveway and porch it's a 5-6 inch snowfall. Quite respectable considering what's happened this winter. And considering it may hit 50 with rain on Monday. But I will take it along with a Giants win tomorrow. Would make for a glorious winter weekend! Who would have thought it would be more probable for the Gmen to be playing in the NFC championship game than to get it to snow this winter? Hope everyone is enjoying the snow and keeping safe if you are traveling.

This was up on the NWS Facebook page.

Louis Uccellini, Director of National Weather Service, National Centers for Environmental Prediction, discusses numerical weather prediction during the February 2010 mid-Atantic snow event known poularly as Snowmageddon.

Archived