joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 13-16 ULL snow threat and obs

Ginx snewx

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly..is anyone really that surprised many are seeing accumulating snow tonight? This was certainly not that hard to visulaize how and why it could happen the last few days

There were a ton of ways this couldn't happen too...anafronts are not easy to forecast. I was off and on about this part, but was generally pessimistic since they don't work out more often than they do.

There were a ton of ways this couldn't happen too...anafronts are not easy to forecast. I was off and on about this part, but was generally pessimistic since they don't work out more often than they do.

Yeah there were some signals over this possibility but overall the signals weren't overwhelming enough to really give much confidence in this occurring. Very nice treat though!

Honestly..is anyone really that surprised many are seeing accumulating snow tonight? This was certainly not that hard to visulaize how and why it could happen the last few days

In 2010, this was certainly possible.

Seriously, though, several things could have happened - it could have stayed warm, the thing could have pushed east too fast, dried up, or otherwise pooped out.

Kudos to your weenie call a few days ago

I really really hope you guys to the east get some tonight. It is really coming down here..Easily 1/4 of inch already. It's that real tiny fluffy type snow..but really thick as it falls. Sort of like Dec 13th 2007(date)?

Most of the models have that area pegged, but maybe a something blossoms south of sne as the ULL bulges north later. Not all that hopeful though.

Waking up to the VA snow was encouraging to me as watching the WV loop it seemed to me that inflow would override the seeping cold, should be pretty icy with the quick drop, nice blossoming radar..

Is this Andy's brother..this is taken from HPC thread in General wx forum side?

If this is the case, why have a meteorologist? I can create a program on an old TANDY computer that would make a consensus of the various global model output. And the TANDY doesn't need a pension, medical coverage or sick days.

A meteorologist is present for meteorological reasoning. A computer can make a consensus.

not really ....since the nam showed it twice yesterday in a decent fashion at 0z and 12z

however i think the whites will overperform....i.e they are getting buried it looks like. VT greens as well.

I hope pete has heavy heavy dentrites.

BOX loves Rev Kev

Tonight: Snow showers, mainly before 3am. Low around 20. West wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

...SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS MAY RESULT IN SLIPPERY TRAVEL TONIGHT...

SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS WERE CHANGING TO SNOW SHOWERS EARLY THIS

EVENING ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE...WESTERN

MASSACHUSETTS AND NORTHERN CONNECTICUT.

SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS WILL AFFECT THE REGION AT TIMES TONIGHT.

WHILE ANY ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT...THERE MAY BE

ENOUGH TO RESULT IN SOME SLICK SPOTS. TEMPERATURES WERE QUICKLY

FALLING BELOW FREEZING...SO TAKE IT SLOW IF PLANNING TRAVEL

Snow has become a bit of a snizzle now... should flip back in a bit...

not really ....since the nam showed it twice yesterday in a decent fashion at 0z and 12z

however i think the whites will overperform....i.e they are getting buried it looks like. VT greens as well.

I mean this isn't even really any upslope.. it's associated with the past storm still.. if the upslope continues theres no reason some passes and notches see 3-6 or higher... lower elv's could see 1-3

24/20, It's snowing and accumulating at a decent clip right now. Hope it keeps up.

Archived