Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ventured outside, there's a glaze on pretty much everything. Barely able to stand on our gravel driveway. Even the secondary road that goes past our house has a nasty glaze on it attm. I could do the whole running start and slide for a long distance on it. That second batch coming could make things messier before they get better.

Holding at 32° at our studios @ 1800'. Good coating of ice/sleet on everything.

I'm intrigued by the weekend system as well. Most models have us cold enough for something other than rain, which is plausible with the fresh cold air arriving Friday.

KJST now at 43, still stations on mesowest at or below freezing just off the mountain. Duncansville (32F) and Tyrone (31F). This valley sure knows how to hold the near freezing air in these situations

Currently 33 here in downtown State College according to my office thermostat, which shows outside temps for some reason.

It seems the majority of times, it's very difficult to scour out cold air here in these situations.

Verdict on the Euro? SNE doesn't seem too impressed with it.

Extremely light precip.

So light and brief that it actually swings through and is gone fast enough that the majority of it should come down as flakes everywhere except for SW PA.

Some spotty stuff swings through later when the temps are inductive of mix precip.

Archived