Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
10 Days In Hell...........Fire shall rain down upon thee

Mr Torchey

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 days in hell, really dude really, epic fail

10 days in Hell by Debbie Joe the southern Belle fail.

Chapter 11 fail. It looks like my double secret reverse psychology post may have worked lol. Not that we wouldn't have enjoyed dinner with you, Jerry!

Looks like it gon' snow

:snowwindow:

This thread has PHAIL written all over it

10 days in Hell has been truncated to 36 hours of unimpressive above normal? Pffft

My 8.5 OTG during fire and brimstone week will melt but this is the best Fail thread of the winter.

You still hungover from enjoying our absolutely unbelievable unreal NYG victory last night? Enjoy your 70s today/ are your crocuses popping up? Did you apply your organics to your lawn, wait, you can not see your lawn. Epic fail

The epic torch that the models showed for a week has clearly busted...no one will see record highs or anything like that...just more of the same that this winter has produced-lots of days in the 40's to low 50's but nothing to write home about....

This was the biggest PHAIL thread of the winter..and we've had a bunch..myself included

Thank you all for the very kind words as always! In the first post of the thread I said the torch would begin on the 23rd which it did, for 6-10 days which it has. After today the heart of the fire will end, yet going forward everything looks above normal heading into early next week with possibly another peak around next monday and tuesday.

I think the torch verified well, and cant wait to add up the numbers this evening. Hope everyone enjoyed this beautiful weather, lets hope that snow comes soon.

4 major climo sites ten days starting 23 of Jan

all +

pvd

9 20 9 8 18 9 7 3 12 16 pvd averaged +11.1 for the ten day period

orh

12 19 10 9 12 13 10 5 11 19 orh averaged +12 for the ten day period

bos

9 20 11 7 13 13 10 7 10 17 bos averaged +11.7 for the ten day period

bdl

4 18 10 9 13 15 9 4 16 23 bdl averaged +12.1 for the ten day period

pretty solid torch.

see ya

Thank you all for the very kind words as always! In the first post of the thread I said the torch would begin on the 23rd which it did, for 6-10 days which it has. After today the heart of the fire will end, yet going forward everything looks above normal heading into early next week with possibly another peak around next monday and tuesday.

I think the torch verified well, and cant wait to add up the numbers this evening. Hope everyone enjoyed this beautiful weather, lets hope that snow comes soon.

While today is definitely a very impressive torch day .. I saw snow flakes in the midst of your 6-10 day torch so not really sure if today is total vindication for you, but damn it does feel nice out there today. Like you I try to make the most out of the weather whether it's a torch or a blizzard. I prefer big snow but if it isn't going to snow, it might as well be 60 and nice out.

This, I will give to you...these last 2 days sealed the deal--didnt see anything of this magnitude modeled out more than 48 hrs....

After 5 long months of absolute hell and torture, I believe the torch and misery are coming to an end. However, this beast of heat will not go down quietly and will give us one more 6-10 day stretch of spring which should begin around the 23rd of the month.

Discuss this period in time here, and obs when appropriate.

Very accurate, Joe...though you are missed in the NYC forum...good to see you sharing your erudite insights with others...

After November went warm and dry, that was our warning sign to this disaster of a winter..01-02 analog was there for the taking...expect warm and dry the rest of the month with maybe a fluky snow storm ala 2006....we can only hope...

Alot of people keep mentioning that winter but in reality given the cold across Asia and now Europe its really quite different. The problem this winter has just been we've been remarkably unlucky in regards to the fact that the 2 times the pattern has and it appears will become somewhat favorable we cannot get the PV anywhere close to the lower 48. Keep in mind we basically had a 93-94 redux setup a few weeks back but unlike 93-94 the PV did not drop down near Hudson Bay despite the fact the EPO/PNA/NAO/AO indices were not much different than they were during the 12/20/-2/15 period that winter.

Archived