• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
10 Days In Hell...........Fire shall rain down upon thee

Mr Torchey

Not sure about muted but certainly delayed regarding what the king was spitting out earlier in the week, it will be fascinating to watch not sure what mid 40s to 50s does over warmer temps for sne, I guess up north it certainly helps.

I will wait till Friday, but the warm signal is still there.......time will tell looks like the king has backed off the cad idea later next week so it may have been a false cool alarm. In any event as stated in post 1 I think this is the last run of warmth in this 5 month long mega torch, Feb should come in close to normal with plenty of snow so good times ahead for all.

10 days in hell, really dude really, epic fail

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you hit 80, I will personally come down to Norwalk, pick you and your wife up, and treat you both to the finest dinner around. Boy these dinners...may have ti file ch 11....lol..

Chapter 11 fail. It looks like my double secret reverse psychology post may have worked lol. Not that we wouldn't have enjoyed dinner with you, Jerry!

Looks like it gon' snow

:snowwindow:

After 5 long months of absolute hell and torture, I believe the torch and misery are coming to an end. However, this beast of heat will not go down quietly and will give us one more 6-10 day stretch of spring which should begin around the 23rd of the month.

Discuss this period in time here, and obs when appropriate.

I think Feb will average around -2.5 in sne with plenty of snow.

6zgfs is torchtastic, all the weenie solutions are gone, and its cutter after cutter starting right on time as modeled and stated in my first post.

Lets all enjoy the potential snow, fire shall rain down upon thee soon enough.

Torch

Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 20 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 49 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 9. North wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Thursday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 30. Calm wind becoming south between 10 and 13 mph.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Southwest wind between 11 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind between 11 and 16 mph.

Friday Night: A chance of snow showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow and freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday: A chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.

Torch

Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 20 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 49 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 9. North wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Thursday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 30. Calm wind becoming south between 10 and 13 mph.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Southwest wind between 11 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind between 11 and 16 mph.

Friday Night: A chance of snow showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow and freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday: A chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.

Not a huge torch, but generally solidly above normal for the period. Even BDL normals are down to 17/34 as winter bottoms out. Higher elevations and more rural areas of NW and NE CT are around 13/33 if you average the seven stations' normals that are between 500 and 800 feet (leaving out the obvious outlier - Norfolk at 1340 ft). A high of only 29 is not even -5, meanwhile your low of 22 which you highlighted, is good for a +9. Even your high of 30 low of 9 tomorrow, the coldest day in the period, would only be a -3 or -4. Guess people have forgotten what even average winter weather feels like.

Not a huge torch, but generally solidly above normal for the period. Even BDL normals are down to 17/34 as winter bottoms out. Higher elevations and more rural areas of NW and NE CT are around 13/33 if you average the seven stations' normals that are between 500 and 800 feet (leaving out the obvious outlier - Norfolk at 1340 ft). A high of only 29 is not even -5, meanwhile your low of 22 which you highlighted, is good for a +9. Even your high of 30 low of 9 tomorrow, the coldest day in the period, would only be a -3 or -4. Guess people have forgotten what even average winter weather feels like.

It may be above normal, but it is far from doom and gloom. Many spots in SNE may have 6+" of snow by the end of the weekend...not bad.

It may be above normal, but it is far from doom and gloom. Many spots in SNE may have 6+" of snow by the end of the weekend...not bad.

yep snows hopefully tomorrow, but the torch is right on schedule for the 23rd, spot on monday and tuesday are en fuego, see where it goes from there.

My 8.5 OTG during fire and brimstone week will melt but this is the best Fail thread of the winter.

Your Halloween pattern change, XXX winter has turned out to be 7 days long, guidance looks awful, I will enjoy my 50s tomorrow, prepare for rain and lots of it, this winter is one huge FAIL>

Your Halloween pattern change, XXX winter has turned out to be 7 days long, guidance looks awful, I will enjoy my 50s tomorrow, prepare for rain and lots of it, this winter is one huge FAIL>

You still hungover from enjoying our absolutely unbelievable unreal NYG victory last night? Enjoy your 70s today/ are your crocuses popping up? Did you apply your organics to your lawn, wait, you can not see your lawn. Epic fail

What a mega torch yesterday, last night was unbelievably warm, and we start today with these temps and a pathetic attempt at cold air advection.

Torch verified, oh wait I am sorry besides one week its been a non stop mega death torch..............XXX winter!!

The epic torch that the models showed for a week has clearly busted...no one will see record highs or anything like that...just more of the same that this winter has produced-lots of NIGHTS in the 40's to low 50's but nothing to write home about....

fixed

Archived