Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
10 Days In Hell...........Fire shall rain down upon thee

Mr Torchey

AK vortex looking pretty healthy there

several have posted the Day 10 Euro... what kind of surface temps does this translate to?

There's southerly flow and some cloud cover, so it wouldn't get overly ridiculous during the day, probably 50s. The nighttime lows would be extraordinarily warm in that set-up, however. If the cutter goes any further north as it approaches us, winds could turn SWly and cook us totally with daytime highs in the 60-70F range.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

576dm heights into New England on the Day 10 Euro. Time to get out the beach gear.

As long as we're taking d10 verbatim, I'll start by saying the 12Z temp d10 is In the mid 40s. It's not moving 35 degrees up Nate....no way. Also, a better measure is thickness, with the 564 line along the Gulf coast. No doubt we will torch but this reminds me of guidance the other way when people speculate whether or not it will hit -10 in Boston....or in summer when someone tries for 107.

Joe might get a few days of fake Spring wx way down there in coastal CT... But for the most it means a week of damp chill, fog, melting slush until it's gone, then MUD with 40's dominating up here probably. Way above normal yeah, but thoroughly miserable to be out in.

And endless posts here about the coming pattern change around February 1st.

As long as we're taking d10 verbatim, I'll start by saying the 12Z temp d10 is In the mid 40s. It's not moving 35 degrees up Nate....no way. Also, a better measure is thickness, with the 564 line along the Gulf coast. No doubt we will torch but this reminds me of guidance the other way when people speculate whether or not it will hit -10 in Boston....or in summer when someone tries for 107.

Joe might get a few days of fake Spring wx way down there in coastal CT... But for the most it means a week of damp chill, fog, melting slush until it's gone, then MUD with 40's dominating up here probably. Way above normal yeah, but thoroughly miserable to be out in.

And endless posts here about the coming pattern change around February 1st.

LOL

Rick, you have lost it, first of all I will be one of the coolest spots in sne with winds off the sound just like I was last saturday when the interior roasted into the 60s.

Enjoy the torch, embrace it...........your snow will be a very distant memory until later in the 1st week of Feb when winter tries to fight back.

6 days left in this craptastic pattern that will give sne two more rain storms..........oh yay...........then FINALLY the torch to end all torches will rain fire on the landscape and we can all rejoice in widespread 60s and ++departures approaching ++30.

This torch cant get here soon enough

6 days left in this craptastic pattern that will give sne two more rain storms..........oh yay...........then FINALLY the torch to end all torches will rain fire on the landscape and we can all rejoice in widespread 60s and ++departures approaching ++30.

This torch cant get here soon enough

Those fans at the Pats game looked cold for mid 30 s, ALLT

Torch arrives day 6, and this is sne, go play in your own thread for nne. :P

LOL... I do get that feeling sometime. Its like none of the threads say SNE specific (as this is a New England forum), but then if someone doesn't like what we say we get told to go back to the one NNE thread that we are allowed. :sled:

;)

I'll keep a rough record of my daily temps during this "torch"...just to see how my locale compares to the heat zones of SNE like BDL and Ray's hood. I'm sure it will be mild, but these mid winter mild periods tend to be more misery than pleasure here. That day recently with 60's in SNE I was in the 40's. Probably get one day just before the end with a lakes cutter that finally drives the temps over 50 here.

Torch on schedule, looks good starting next weekend.............I see some are hoping to be back doored so they can enjoy 40s and cloudy, whats the point no snow either way, just dont understand that, like Scooter said the pattern is awful either way.

I'll keep a rough record of my daily temps during this "torch"...just to see how my locale compares to the heat zones of SNE like BDL and Ray's hood. I'm sure it will be mild, but these mid winter mild periods tend to be more misery than pleasure here. That day recently with 60's in SNE I was in the 40's. Probably get one day just before the end with a lakes cutter that finally drives the temps over 50 here.

Hey Rick,

Im not too familiar with your climo or normals right now, but I am sure 40s is well above normal for you just like it is for pete or mpm or dave, everything is relative.

Enjoy the rain forest and really big bugs

Several family members have been there and said it is beautiful

Thanks, Dave. I leave Friday morning and get back late Monday night. I'm not a tropics fan (hence why my trip is so short). I guess with the exception of a little snow possible on Saturday, I won't be missing much on the wintry front.

What's that a 2 or 3 day torch starting next Tuesday on the 12z GFS? After that it isn't much of a torch. One redeveloping low brings a snowfall to the interior in fact. I see 510 thicknesses.

Thanks, Dave. I leave Friday morning and get back late Monday night. I'm not a tropics fan (hence why my trip is so short). I guess with the exception of a little snow possible on Saturday, I won't be missing much on the wintry front.

don't think it'll show itself until the weekend or next week sometime. i don't like seeing big warm-ups during the climo coldest time of the year but i guess i'll be a bit surprised if we don't see some fairly mild days down the road here.

Bound to happen, and I can't even figure out how to get the long range Euro stuff, never mind interpret it or some of the other products.

But just using the basics, early/mid next week don't look too bad attm. I'm sure it will change

Heck, sometimes a warmup can bring in a good hit on it's tail.

Fewer posts from LL, must mean the torch is getting pushed out a little and not quite as impressive in magnitude and duration. From a quick look at the 12z GEFS, appears to be a few days of torch but a decent spread including some solutions where we don't torch much at all. The ensembles also seemed to want to have a lot of cutoffs in the middle of the country.. odd.

Not sure about muted but certainly delayed regarding what the king was spitting out earlier in the week, it will be fascinating to watch not sure what mid 40s to 50s does over warmer temps for sne, I guess up north it certainly helps.

I will wait till Friday, but the warm signal is still there.......time will tell looks like the king has backed off the cad idea later next week so it may have been a false cool alarm. In any event as stated in post 1 I think this is the last run of warmth in this 5 month long mega torch, Feb should come in close to normal with plenty of snow so good times ahead for all.

Archived