Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday Storm Observation Thread 1/12

dryslot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

32.7° F and overcast. This is actually down about 2° F in the last 90 minutes. I should start precipitating within the hour. I expect to start as some snow, but this will depend on what the mid-levels are like. Not liking all of those bright reflectivities to my west out in the Catskills. Probably rain or a rain, sleet mix out there.

Nice and cold up here... I'm at 20/15. BTV is at 18/12. Widespread teens and low 20s up this way. Plattsburgh, NY on the eastern side of the Champlain Valley is a chilly 15/8 right now. Plenty of low level cold air in the region.

A lot colder than I expected around here going into this. Of note though is the western slopes of the Greens which will get downsloped to the point where they'll be raining when everyone else is snowing. Gusts to 50mph and compressional warming with ripping SE flow. You can see they are already upper 20s and low 30s on the immediate western slope while further west in the Champlain Valley is in the teens.

20/15 with widespread areas of darkness.

Man you can really see the difference between the upslope side of the Greens and the downslope side on these SE low level jet systems.

Stowe side is at 19F on east side of Mansfield (upslope) and Underhill is 31F on the west slope (downslope). Damaging winds expected on the west side of Mansfield.

Archived