SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 12-14 Potential storm

dilly84

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason to gripe in this thread about being in that zone.

There are winners & losers. Both have the same right to post in this thread.

If you don't like the gripes the don't read them (no one is forcing you too).

If you don't like the excitement from those about to have fun then don't come here (no one is forcing you too).

Just be respectful and not a jerk or prick.

Are you kidding me? Most I've had is a half inch on the ground in Canton, MI. But let them have 16 times that amount because they deserve it, afterall GHD's two feet just wasn't enough for Chicago!!

That statement might be a little ridiculous but....

Chicago has had a pretty pathetic start to the winter. This area has had 5-10" more then ORD.

Normally I would agree with this, but NWS Buffalo in their morning AFD discounted the 00z run of the GFS last night because it's simply too progressive in a complex atmospheric situation in the Great Lakes region. When you have the NAM, RGEM, UKMET and ECMWF all indicating a stronger secondary wave, it's hard to side with the GFS. Today's 12z ECMWF will be an important run.

Either the GFS will score a major coup or it will bust big time (or be forced to catch up with the other models).

UKMET is actually worse than the GFS. Has that PVA induced QPF way east of us (towards ALB). EURO seems to be a compromise. Looks like 0.2-0.25" QPF Friday morning. I'll go a little further towards the cautious side and offer a prelim. call for us of a coating - 2" on Friday.

That statement might be a little ridiculous but....

Chicago has had a pretty pathetic start to the winter. This area has had 5-10" more then ORD.

Not here, man. I've measured 2.5 inches this season. Which yeah, might still be more than Chicago and other areas, but it's looking like they will double that in the space of a couple days. It's frustrating, and I do apologize for venting on here.

Archived