SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Christmas (Sunday) Night - Windex Potential

Tropopause_Fold

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This windex potential has me a bit concerned. Got to drive from Central NH to Boston tomorrow have dinner and get back for our animals we will leave alone. I know these things. They can drop an inch or two of snow on the highway, flash freeze and lead to tons of accidents and long delays. Hope to get back here by 8pm or so, maybe I can beat them back but if Rt 93 freezes over with Christmas traffic Im screwed!

4km BTV WRF has nearly 0.5" liquid for upslope areas on the spine of the Greens tomorrow night.

4km NAM also has nearly 0.5" in same areas. Seems like a decent setup for the mountains to pick up a few inches.

BTV WRF looks like it puts down some spot 0.25" amounts here in the Berks too. I think this area may wind up getting at least a couple inches as well if this verifies.

4km BTV WRF has nearly 0.5" liquid for upslope areas on the spine of the Greens tomorrow night.

4km NAM also has nearly 0.5" in same areas. Seems like a decent setup for the mountains to pick up a few inches.

Stowe village point 'n click (the 800ft elevation grid box) has 2-4" in it for Sunday night... you may have picked a good time to come to northern Vermont, haha. The one thing with orographics is you never really know for sure... it could be a dud with a dusting-1" or you could be piling up 4, 5, 6 inches of snow. If those QPF amounts are anywhere near correct though with our usual ratios that would be quite the dump.

Archived