• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

Well guys its my last winter in Monett.  Glad I got to see a good snowy one before moving.  I'm relocating with my job to Fayetteville/Springdale so not too far away.  So I'll be in your vicinity Whiteout.  Am looking forward to my move but know I'll probably sacrifice a little snow in the process lol.  Now lets bring on those spring t-storms!  Oh and go Hogs!

From now on, I will call you ArWeatherguy. It's just not the same though. You won't get as much snow down there probably, and you'll end up with more ice. Bigger area though, more to do, etc.. I guess. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From now on, I will call you ArWeatherguy. It's just not the same though. You won't get as much snow down there probably, and you'll end up with more ice. Bigger area though, more to do, etc.. I guess.

Yah I was thinking about my name and it wont be very fitting anymore. I really dont want to change either so guess it will stay the same lol. And yes I'm worried about their avg of only about 9 inches yr down there just hoping for overall colder winters the nxt few yrs.

Well guys its my last winter in Monett.  Glad I got to see a good snowy one before moving.  I'm relocating with my job to Fayetteville/Springdale so not too far away.  So I'll be in your vicinity Whiteout.  Am looking forward to my move but know I'll probably sacrifice a little snow in the process lol.  Now lets bring on those spring t-storms!  Oh and go Hogs!

Glad to have ya in this area my friend! Be safe on the move and I wish you all the best! And yup your gonna have to sacrifice the snow, Im allready missing it to be honest lol. To be completely honest I really miss the small town quiet life, theres way more to do here though thats for sure man! Again I wish you the best

Tulsa doesn't think it will mix with or change over from what I read. I'm ready for nice weather and summer! Loving these recent temps

Yeah, we'll see, the NAM is colder, but it is the NAM. Better chances for snow will be in East MO, but we could still see a changeover in KS/MO... possibly mixing with snow in OK and AR.

Does anyone have any thoughts if there is an icing threat in swmo ,sekans,neark, or neokla and if there is . Is it significant ???

Not really an icing threat. Just a threat for rain mixing with or changing to snow. Not a big deal as the high March sun angle and ground temps are warm from the recent warm weather.

Yea even if it does....the sun angle and its been down right nice out will probly prevent any sticking on roads. NWS is saying a switch over after 1pm tomorrow though. I see advisories are posted at my old stomping grounds again too! Anything is possible in march, and anything we do get will not be around long at all because monday is gonna be fairly warm.

Tell me about it jomo, jersey just got nailed once again!! My mom said close to another 8" of snow, their winter came late and it got cold late. Its just craziness man!! They are probly closing in on 30 some close to 40 inches now for the season I bet.

Still will not top my all time fav years when I was a youngin back there though, so cold the rivers and bays froze over a few times which is really rare in south jersey not to mention noreaster blizzard after noreaster. I remember one year it snowed like a foot of snow a week!!! It was awesome, I was in my late teens I believe so somewhere in the late 80's early 90's. Ok sorry for the boring life stories lol.

Thanks, and btw I am another south Jersey transplant.  And yes awesome winter back home!  (I think that Lions-Eagles whiteout was the "omen.")

It had to be something for an omen lol, Most years back there were awesome growing up! I cant remember what year it was when the big one hit but man it was definately the all time record breaker and most awesome snow storm I ever witnessed! It may have been early to mid 90's I cant remember now.

I do remember the details, thunder and lots of it and massive sleet in the thunderstorms mixed with the biggest and fattest snowflakes ever! It was like a 2-3 day event and was just moderate snow for the most part but very cold and tons of wind. We had probly 5 foot drifts everywhere. Everything was so white I remember getting lost in the woods behind my moms place and I knew those woods like the back of my hand! I think we got like 27" from that one. The thunder, sleet and massive snow was at the end of the storm. I remember my friend drove so I must have been 18 around, my sister dated the guy and we were all going sledding. Very stupid as sometimes teenagers do lol, got stuck and long story short we had to dig the car out with those old plastic sleds. The sleet during the digout was so bad and the snow we just couldnt see a damn thing and had to use the sleds as shields lol. It was amazing!!! My sister was so petrified she was bawling her eyes out lol...sounds rude to laugh but I can look back and do so now. Ok that was fun to share, sorry for any eyebleed that I caused lol

Tell me about it jomo, jersey just got nailed once again!! My mom said close to another 8" of snow, their winter came late and it got cold late. Its just craziness man!! They are probly closing in on 30 some close to 40 inches now for the season I bet.

Still will not top my all time fav years when I was a youngin back there though, so cold the rivers and bays froze over a few times which is really rare in south jersey not to mention noreaster blizzard after noreaster. I remember one year it snowed like a foot of snow a week!!! It was awesome, I was in my late teens I believe so somewhere in the late 80's early 90's. Ok sorry for the boring life stories lol.

With Monday's storm, Philadelphia (which is less than 10 miles from my old hometown in South Jersey) reached it's second highest seasonal snowfall EVER.  They are now approaching 70" for the winter!!  The snowiest winter ever might be out of reach (I think they need 11" more), but something else might be brewing there for the beginning of next week so they just might have a puncher's chance..... now if I could just find a way to squeeze out a few more flakes here in Central Oklahoma before we switch over to severe season....     

Doug says 9-12 severe weather events up here which is about average. However, it may be a slow start to severe season due to the Gulf being cold which may cut down on those events. He expects average temps with above average precip for the Spring.

Doug says 9-12 severe weather events up here which is about average. However, it may be a slow start to severe season due to the Gulf being cold which may cut down on those events. He expects average temps with above average precip for the Spring.

Well the northern portions are a bit cool, but most of the central and southern Gulf looks fine, in addition to the Caribbean, for deep moisture return.

anoma.3.17.2014.gif

With Monday's storm, Philadelphia (which is less than 10 miles from my old hometown in South Jersey) reached it's second highest seasonal snowfall EVER.  They are now approaching 70" for the winter!!  The snowiest winter ever might be out of reach (I think they need 11" more), but something else might be brewing there for the beginning of next week so they just might have a puncher's chance..... now if I could just find a way to squeeze out a few more flakes here in Central Oklahoma before we switch over to severe season....     

Wow man thats crazy! I didn't realize it was that high, immediate coastal areas got nailed this year back there also. Im betting that number I threw out there was low lol. I was about 40 miles from philly southeast give or take. Cumberland county to be exact.

Well the northern portions are a bit cool, but most of the central and southern Gulf looks fine, in addition to the Caribbean, for deep moisture return.

Doug Cramer from NWS Springfield mentioned it this morning as well:

The Gulf of Mexico is beat up at the moment and water temperatures are cold for the time of

year. Much like the spring of 2010, it could be difficult to transport quality moisture into the Ozarks for a few weeks...or until the Gulf can recover.

• 2 months later...

Thanks buddy. Sometimes I think I should've lived up north. I hate summer.

Lol. You hate it because of the severe? We hate it because of the lack of severe! If we really knew, we would feel different I'm sure.

That said, New England will welcome anyone that wants to talk winter in the second week of June. That's how we roll.

Summer is 'boring' weather wise around here. Especially once we get to mid-July through late August. 90's/70's and sunny and humid every day.

As for winter... I've been checking in with the CFS v2 from time to time. Definitely an El-Nino look to the 500 MB progs come December.  

Archived