SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello guys, been lurking around here a while. Would just like to report that yesterday's storm was a whopper for my area. Very exciting event that left me with more than a foot when all was said and done.

Snow thief :( 

Just kidding, welcome to the forum. :)

Ugh guys I think I may have Pneumonia or a really really bad cold! Girlfriend got sick monday and then bam outta no where it hit me, Ughhh I dont do well with colds lol....It lightly snowed here throughout the day but didn't accumulate to anything. This morning our power went out from the thick glaze of zr we got last night. Also I see wwa's flying just to the west!

Thanks guys. Seems like winter might come to a screaching hault for a while based on some major zonal flow being shown on ECMWF. Oh well. Will enjoy the 12"+ snow pack and snow days for the time being. Kind of looks like Monday and Tuesday could get interesting.

Yeah. Looks decent right now. They just have to figure out where its going to end up at.

For what it's worth, we got a nice little snow "storm" down this way in Central Oklahoma.  As of 8 am, I would say we had a solid 2" with, dare I say it, even a bit of drifting.  We've just had a few very, very light flurries since 8 (which is when I got to work) so I assume 2" will be it.  With the cold, the snow accumulated on all surfaces and, as you would expect on such a cold day, the snow was incredibly light and fluffy so it took me all of 11 seconds to clear it from my car, which was a heck of a change from Tuesday, when I pretty much needed a hammer and chisel to get the ice off.   

I doubt tomorrow will amount to much.

The 00z GFS had a nice storm on Tues/Wed still. The 06 and 12 runs weren't as impressive. I haven't had time to see if the Canadian still shows it and I'm assuming JoMo will update us on the Euro when it runs in a couple of hours. I couldn't tell much from the Wunderground maps but it looked like the 00 Euro run had us all getting snow.

For what it's worth, we got a nice little snow "storm" down this way in Central Oklahoma.  As of 8 am, I would say we had a solid 2" with, dare I say it, even a bit of drifting.  We've just had a few very, very light flurries since 8 (which is when I got to work) so I assume 2" will be it.  With the cold, the snow accumulated on all surfaces and, as you would expect on such a cold day, the snow was incredibly light and fluffy so it took me all of 11 seconds to clear it from my car, which was a heck of a change from Tuesday, when I pretty much needed a hammer and chisel to get the ice off.   

Two consecutive snows with sky-high ratios (~20:1) over the past week. I can't even remember the last time we had anything measurable with really good ratios. Maybe never since I got here ('05-06).

12z Euro suggests tomorrow's wave will be mostly dry. It's healthy looking but lacking in moisture until it gets over eastern MO.

The next system that produces a bit of precip looks to be late Sunday, and then another one on Tuesday.

Due to the fast NW flow, the systems will change a lot from run to run on location/strength. 

Archived