• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

The HRRR has had a look just like what the NAM is showing with a second band moving into SW MO... so that's good. It also has a punch of drier air, or an area of no precip, but that passes just to your SE and it isn't very big. Why does it always have to be difficult in this area?

Yah I know tough right up to the last model run it seems.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Euro amounts:

Around 6" out by Wichita

OKC area around 1.5-2"

Tulsa: 2.3"

Chanute, KS: 5.1"

Joplin: 3.1"

Monett: 3.3"

Springfield: 3.8"

Fayetteville: 2.5"

00z Euro amounts:

Wichita: 6.5" or so

OKC area around 1.5-2"

Tulsa: 2.1-2.4"

Chanute, KS: 4.0"

Joplin: 2.9"

Monett: 3.4"

Springfield: 2.6"

Fayetteville: 2.4"

Around 20-21 for the high

Ratios are dependent on several different things but if it's going to be that cold, you'll end up with more snow than that. Here's a ratio/temp chart:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/tables/snowfall-meltwater.html

So it looks like 3.3" (0.33 QPF) would be approx 5" of snow. 

I just looked at your NWS forecast and it shows 3-6" so pretty good.

This might be instructive for those on the southern fringes of this storm. In OKC, we got rain for an hour. This changed to snow for about 9 minutes. Then, from 6 am to present, we've gotten very very light sleet. Total accumulation 0.1".... and I had to round up to get to that. Ironically enough, it was sufficient to scare OKC schools into shutting down for the day.

Advisory here, off and on heavy bouts of heavy freezing rain/sleet mixture. NWS says will switch over to all snow before shutting off early afternoon from the dreaded dry slot. Roads are a thick solid sheet of ice allready. Temp shoots up like a rocket when it stops but man when it gets heavy we are wet bulbing down to 24-25 degrees, 27 right now cause everything let up again.

This might be instructive for those on the southern fringes of this storm. In OKC, we got rain for an hour. This changed to snow for about 9 minutes. Then, from 6 am to present, we've gotten very very light sleet. Total accumulation 0.1".... and I had to round up to get to that. Ironically enough, it was sufficient to scare OKC schools into shutting down for the day.

:lol: I had a good laugh when I woke up, looked out my window, then head about OKCPS closing.

It appears all we got here in SE Norman was a light glazing -- enough to make getting into my car difficult, but it doesn't appear to have accumulated on roads to any real extent, luckily. Oh well. :(

Advisory here, off and on heavy bouts of heavy freezing rain/sleet mixture. NWS says will switch over to all snow before shutting off early afternoon from the dreaded dry slot. Roads are a thick solid sheet of ice allready. Temp shoots up like a rocket when it stops but man when it gets heavy we are wet bulbing down to 24-25 degrees, 27 right now cause everything let up again.

Yup. Bad part of it is that this is our high for the day. Roads are going to ice up hard later today.

Looks like an area from roughly Cushing > Skiatook > Collinsville > Vinita will be the dividing line.  Areas south will be dry slotted, areas north appear to have another round or two coming.  Tulsa metro will not see a lot more precip but it is getting cold and roads/bridges will be icy by mid afternoon I'd suspect.

Dry slot just on our doorstep. Onto the next storm!!!!

Yea thats what tulsa was saying, local news on tv said this would continue and moisture is surging in(dont know what they were seeing haha) You can clearly see that dry slot about to slam in and shut things down quickly, whats next. I see little chances of snow o thursday or all week at that.

Archived