Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It started snowing here but I'm stuck in a snow hole now. Its drying out before it gets here. Lol

Normally I love the weather, winter weather included but we've got some business partners flying into town tomorrow, so I'm hoping Tuesday doesn't mean a 4 hour commute to work because missing work Tuesday will be rough.  

I'm headed north for the super bowl this afternoon and it's snowing moderately here now, kind of surprised it started this early to be honest.

Any idea why the Tuesday storm shows taking such a northerly track towards Wichita/KC?  

The Friday storm looks OK but not super strong.  Maybe a couple of inches for us.  

It's just the track of the upper level storm/trough configuration. 

The late week system into the weekend could be very huge for someone between Denver and the east coast. But pinning down where is an exercise in futility this far out. It definitely is a candidate for a big storm... somewhere. 

It's just the track of the upper level storm/trough configuration. 

The late week system into the weekend could be very huge for someone between Denver and the east coast. But pinning down where is an exercise in futility this far out. It definitely is a candidate for a big storm... somewhere. 

The satellite and water vapor imagery on the Tuesday storm looks impressive.  It's riding down the West Coast and just making landfall into central CA.  Maybe we can get it to dig a bit more.  Time will tell...

RE: Next weekends system.

The last 3 runs of the GFS (and maybe before then) have been showing the possibility of a big system, complete with an actual surface low, closed off upper low, and possible negative tilt. 

The morning of the 9th, which is next Sunday... the surface low and strength of the system from instantweathermaps: 

00z = 1008 MB over central TN/KY border.

06z = 1004 MB over central KY.

12z = 1000 MB over Southern Illinois. 

So the trend has been to bring it back west, and stronger. We'll have to see how it plays out in the other models but the signal is there for something big...somewhere.

yeah, daytime snow is where it's at. Although a light/moderate night snow can be just as good if you can watch it fall in front of a light or something. Thundersnow is still better though. ;)

Tulsa has 4-7" of snow for most everyone through next Sunday, so it looks like everyone will get snow at some point.

StormSnowAmt.png

yeah, daytime snow is where it's at. Although a light/moderate night snow can be just as good if you can watch it fall in front of a light or something. Thundersnow is still better though. ;)

Tulsa has 4-7" of snow for most everyone through next Sunday, so it looks like everyone will get snow at some point.

StormSnowAmt.png

I do love thundersnow. The purple colored lightening if you get to see it looks really neat too.

Closing in on 4" here now! It let up for about 10 minutes and is just complete whiteout once again! My opinion, I like early evening snowstorms and some thunder plz lol. JoMo whats your thinking for monday night tuesday for down this way man? No big deal? Tulsa so wrapped up with this storm they havent talked much about that one. I might have to run to kc tuesday, not sure yet.

I'm probably looking at 3 now. Not bad for 3 hours of good snow. Sitting in the last strong band right now. Hope it goes another hour or 2.

Agree, I havent seen this heavy of snow since that one march storm a few years back! But man that sun is so desperately trying to blaze through the cloud deck! Temp is up a little to 28 now here. Im happy with what we got now, anyone know offhand what the yearly average snowfall is here in arkansas?

Closing in on 4" here now! It let up for about 10 minutes and is just complete whiteout once again! My opinion, I like early evening snowstorms and some thunder plz lol. JoMo whats your thinking for monday night tuesday for down this way man? No big deal? Tulsa so wrapped up with this storm they havent talked much about that one. I might have to run to kc tuesday, not sure yet.

12z Euro shows a couple inches are possible. It might be more of a mix down that way.. haven't looked at the details.

Basically only a couple inches up in KC as well. 

Archived