• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was interesting out of SGF, could enhance snow totals close by:

Interestingly, models also indicate a dry slot trying to punch

towards the Ozarks...but not quite making it. This is a concern as

you can often see convective elements develop on the northern

portion of the aforementioned dry slot. Sure enough, models do

indicate some MUCAPE across southwestern Missouri Sunday morning.

Finally, snow to liquid ratios will rise from around 12 to 1

towards the 20 to 1 range by later Sunday morning.

NWS Tulsa has decreased amounts a little bit and delayed the onset.

Felt they rushed the onset of the advisory initially after models began trending slower starting with 00z models last night. May be a little low on totals in NW AR, but their map looks pretty good. Snow will ramp up pretty quickly just NE of us. Springfield has been handling this system well.

MOWeatherGuy, I agree that is interesting. Will need to be watched overnight.

Ive said that all yr as a cowboys fan. Awful

The great Romo choke in the 4th quarter. Chiefs always seem to choke in the playoffs. It's expected. I felt like the ghost of Marty Schottenheimer appeared in the 3rd quarter. That was an embarrassing loss. Time to get a new secondary. 

Man the stores are jam packed here and the shelves were just about bare in 2 walmarts we went in, lol. I just dont have that feeling for this storm one bit so Im not expecting much at all, maybe Ill be shocked who knows lol. Looks like my old stomping grounds gets it pretty good though again, our friends in kc have told us they been getting dumped on so far this winter season!

Man the stores are jam packed here and the shelves were just about bare in 2 walmarts we went in, lol. I just dont have that feeling for this storm one bit so Im not expecting much at all, maybe Ill be shocked who knows lol. Looks like my old stomping grounds gets it pretty good though again, our friends in kc have told us they been getting dumped on so far this winter season!

I think the thing that is prompting people out is the combination of the snow AND the cold. That is what sent me out. If it was just a snow... we could deal with that... but I don't want to get out in -30º wind chills for bread. Not going to happen! :D

I think the thing that is prompting people out is the combination of the snow AND the cold. That is what sent me out. If it was just a snow... we could deal with that... but I don't want to get out in -30º wind chills for bread. Not going to happen! :D

That's true! I will say the winds are just about dead calm here now. Its drizzling here at about 39 degrees. My friend in Iowa has been in the negative numbers in the mornings without wind chills, just sounds brutal up that way with the cold and snow this season.

0z NAM stays on track. Showing a solid 4" across most of this area with liquid qpf around .40. Could easily be more with cold temps and higher ratios.

Yeah... SGF was going for higher ratios, starting at 12:1 and ending at 20:1. 4" would be easily met if that verifies.

Could easily be 6" or more. Throw in a little convection and ur in business.

Yep, thus my thoughts about possibly seeing the warning adjusted one tier of counties further west before this winds down. I see nothing this evening that would detract from that unless the front stalls.

Archived