• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

True, we got a thin coating of zr and about an inch of sleet here then 7" of snow on top. I was actually amazed for this area lol....everything was shut down here.

Yea lol the last bit just melted away 2 days ago!!  It was the longest time ive ever seen it on the ground

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about it!  Mod rain now with a few thunder claps,,,, and   33 degrees... hey at least the lights should stay on.

I'd gladly take 33 and rain if it wasn't going to be snow. The ice storms in 2007-2008 were enough of an experience. 

I'd gladly take 33 and rain if it wasn't going to be snow. The ice storms in 2007-2008 were enough of an experience. 

So true, you make a valid point. I dont think id want a power loss right around the holidays. 2007 was bad bad, no power and had to stay in a notell motel(was all the area had) because its when I first moved back to the midwest and wasn't prepared, no generator or anything and power was out for like 16 days straight. It royally sucked lol

I got images I can upload if anyone is interested from that 2007 storm when I lived in Osceola missouri? Im sure I can figure out how to link them.

So true, you make a valid point. I dont think id want a power loss right around the holidays. 2007 was bad bad, no power and had to stay in a notell motel(was all the area had) because its when I first moved back to the midwest and wasn't prepared, no generator or anything and power was out for like 16 days straight. It royally sucked lol

I got images I can upload if anyone is interested from that 2007 storm when I lived in Osceola missouri? Im sure I can figure out how to link them.

Sure if u want to. I bet it was nasty.

We're somewhere in the neighborhood of a third of an inch here thus far. Honestly, it's underperforming my expectations by a hair for the immediate metro, with areas a bit farther NW really raking it in thus far. We have several hours to go, but I'm becoming confident this won't be in the same league as 2007 right around here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

So what is your take on the EURO as far as impacts later today?

It has you warming up to about 36 or so. It has me at 31 or so. Tulsa probably gets up to around the freezing mark while central OK stays in the upper 20's. It has kind of a strange double deformation band thing going on tomorrow afternoon and evening with one band of precip developing around the OKC area and another developing near Tulsa. The first band moves into southern Kansas and northern OK while the other one near Tulsa develops north into SE KS. Heaviest looks around Ft. Scott where it looks like 0.6" falls. Not sure whether it will be freezing rain or snow though when it falls. 

It has you warming up to about 36 or so. It has me at 31 or so. Tulsa probably gets up to around the freezing mark while central OK stays in the upper 20's. It has kind of a strange double deformation band thing going on tomorrow afternoon and evening with one band of precip developing around the OKC area and another developing near Tulsa. The first band moves into southern Kansas and northern OK while the other one near Tulsa develops north into SE KS. Heaviest looks around Ft. Scott where it looks like 0.6" falls. Not sure whether it will be freezing rain or snow though when it falls. 

Thanks. Interesting scenario... will have to see how it pans out I guess.

Rain is picking up here, the trees have a nice glaze and look pretty cool with the light shining on them. 

It let off here for now, temp is spiking back up again lol....35.4. Im shocked after all the years of abuse and moving my poor weather station is still working, with the same batteries in it at that! Those energizer lithiums are amazing.

Well hopefully it doesn't get to bad for you up there jomo, hopefully your power remains intact. Nothing much going on here so Im going to bed, cya all for now!!

I'm heading to bed for a nap as well after the heavier stuff moves out. I don't think I've lost power since the tornado. *knock on wood* I guess it helps that all the trees are now gone in the area my power is brought in on.

I'm heading to bed for a nap as well after the heavier stuff moves out. I don't think I've lost power since the tornado. *knock on wood* I guess it helps that all the trees are now gone in the area my power is brought in on.

Was warning my Mom last night that, if she got more ice than forecast, loss of power could be a issue. She said the same thing about the lack of trees JoMo. Man some of you guys have had a decent winter so far considering the date.....how bout sending some out this way!?

Frozen alien looking landscape out there this morning. I'd estimate about 1/4-1/3rd of an inch of ice on elevated surfaces and in the grass. The roads are just mostly wet.

Same here. Really do hope the temp starts warming soon. We are at 31º. Thought we might warm some through the night, but we didn't.

Archived