SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next system on Sat Night/Sunday looks moisture starved. It would probably produce flurries or freezing drizzle. 

The situation after that becomes a bit more cloudy for the next storm system in a week or so, and the storm after that as temps warm. 

Geeze, you snow addicts can never get enough. ;) 

The next system on Sat Night/Sunday looks moisture starved. It would probably produce flurries or freezing drizzle. 

The situation after that becomes a bit more cloudy for the next storm system in a week or so, and the storm after that as temps warm. 

Geeze, you snow addicts can never get enough. ;)

Admit it... you are just as bad as we are. :D

Kinda close to the event happening and the ratios may be different but as a general guide...

Around 5.5" for you in Tulsa.....

OKC: 5.5-6"...

Joplin: 4.8"

Monett 7.1"

Bartlesville: 4.0"

NW Arkansas: 7.4"

Chanute, KS: 2.1"

Ft. Smith: 8.0"

These were numbers from yesterday's 12z Euro. Looking at reports now..... It didn't do too badly, except on the NW edge where the dry air cut down on totals. The heaviest area was where it thought it would be.

Admit it... you are just as bad as we are. :D

Never! (I'm already looking ahead to the next systems now that this one is over.)

Also looking at the longer range (Day 11-15) on the Euro Ensembles. It's not looking too bad. There was some worry that a low would park itself in the Gulf of Alaska and that would flood the US with mild Pacific air. That doesn't look like it's going to stick around and may not even happen now. Also the 12z Ensembles strengthened a ridge off the west coast and they look to have a trough into the western and central parts of the US. That's different from the 00z, so we'll see if it sticks around. Temps do warm somewhat compared to average but it's not a huge 'torch' but the farther south and east you go, the warmer it gets and even this shows signs of not being as warm as previous runs. Signs of  SW Canada 'reloading' with more huge cold at the end of the run. This year is much different than last year.... Seems like last year there was always a colder pattern on the horizon but it never got closer. This year, it seems like there's a warmer pattern on the horizion but when we get closer it ends up being closer to normal, or cooler. 

Well it sounds like we all did pretty decent :). I was worried last night we would get missed here so I passed out for the evening finally lol. Woke up, nothing still but very light snow with about 2" on the ground, crashed again and got up at noonish and it was coming down! Wound up with a bit over 7" here!!!! I really was not expecting that much in this area woooo hooo! Theres a place called pea ridge not far from me here that wound up with a foot in some spots according to local stations, glad we all got something im happy for that! :)

Well it sounds like we all did pretty decent :). I was worried last night we would get missed here so I passed out for the evening finally lol. Woke up, nothing still but very light snow with about 2" on the ground, crashed again and got up at noonish and it was coming down! Wound up with a bit over 7" here!!!! I really was not expecting that much in this area woooo hooo! Theres a place called pea ridge not far from me here that wound up with a foot in some spots according to local stations, glad we all got something im happy for that! :)

I don't think you would have got anything in Humansville, heh.

Yea no where near as much, maybe the storms will track further south this season. It did snow back there according to my old neighbor but doesnt sound like they got much of anything at all...how much did you get there in joplin?

Eh, 1-2" of really dry snow.

06z NAM wants to bring us some more snowfall, especially those areas with the smallest amounts from Thursday and Friday's mess. GFS hints about some, too... but not nearly as pronounced as the NAM. I am going to assume right now that the NAM is just overjuiced, but will watch trends. Noticed that TSA's decision support graphic this morning has some locations receiving ~0.5" of new snow. I know it is not much, but any on top of what we already have is a bonus.

It's kind of difficult to tell when the next substantial system will impact our area due to the fast flow we are currently in. The models will probably change their timing with the systems. In the long range (Day 11-15) the 00z Euro Ensembles do warm us up for a few days early in the period before the next shot of colder air looks to push in towards the end of the run as a western trough develops once again with ridging off the west coast up to west of Alaska. There looks to be a SE ridge once again as well. 

Eh, 1-2" of really dry snow.

Im sorry man, something is better then nothing though :). Tulsa is hinting at very light snow over to light freezing drizzle tonight and sunday morning.

Dont think we need any ice! Our road is just a solid sheet of it, the roads are so hilly here the kids have been trying to sled down em lol. Not much traffic at all either on these back community roads, Im enjoying the peace and quiet while I can haha.

I'm like the junky in the closet who comes out when someone lures him out with some candy like NJ_Ken just did.  I looked at the radar and it does appear some more frozen precip. is coming NE.  Hopefully it's not so dry and will actually make it this far north. I kinda missed out on this last batch without too much so I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more since I had to come into work today because there wasn't enough snow and ice to go out and play.

Archived