Newest Member
    Dano62
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

32-33 now.... Yeah this is weird, lol

Damn your colder down there then we are up here, yep totally weird! My girlfriends parents are not liking this they just retired and moved into their new home in fayyetteville today and her mom is allready complaining lol. We had to tell them not to worry that this is just a fluke thing that rarely ever happens

Damn your colder down there then we are up here, yep totally weird! My girlfriends parents are not liking this they just retired and moved into their new home in fayyetteville today and her mom is allready complaining lol. We had to tell them not to worry that this is just a fluke thing that rarely ever happens

Dont worry they will be complaining about the heat soon enough.

And yes Waterboy, wouldn't it be a riot if this was not only the season's biggest snow, but it eclipsed what has already fallen for the entire season? Of course that will not take a large hit to accomplish both, lol.

Dont worry they will be complaining about the heat soon enough.

And yes Waterboy, wouldn't it be a riot if this was not only the season's biggest snow, but it eclipsed what has already fallen for the entire season? Of course that will not take a large hit to accomplish both, lol.

Actually they are from the big giant sandbox(arizona) so they are use to heat and thats what they want lol.

yeah it snowed pretty good here... enough to cover cars, roofs, and even the grass. For a bit it started covering the road but it's started melting. 

Yea this is crazy for sure, its a snow/sleet mix here big ole fat flakes! Its sticking to everything here except the roads. I have never in my life seen it do this in may lol

OK I really thought I had seen everything in my 40+ yrs on earth but this takes the cake man. Just over 2" here this morning. Does this mean severe season will be in July-Aug this year and summer will last thru December?!

Im with ya on this man! Ive never seen it before either, never and I have lived in many different areas of the world lol. Only in the midwest! Got almost 3" here only in grassy areas. It was snowing really heavy this morning now its drizzly and everything is mostly melted off. Lowry city up at work north of here supposedly got 4". Fayetteville got an inch.

• 2 weeks later...

KOAM has been doing a series of reports on severe weather that have been great. They happened to interview me for one of them. Here is the link if you are interested in watching.

http://www.koamtv.com/story/22272970/new-weather-technology

I had no idea that was you. Pretty cool. Jordan was in the EF-5. 

More big bad storms this weekend. Sunday is graduation day in Joplin (the EF-5 happened right after graduation), and now we're in a moderate 45% hatched risk for that day, 2 years later.

More big bad storms this weekend. Sunday is graduation day in Joplin (the EF-5 happened right after graduation), and now we're in a moderate 45% hatched risk for that day, 2 years later.

No doubt that will be hard on the nerves for everyone.  

Clearly the preparedness will be through the roof.  I suppose there is some comfort in knowing that everything that can be done to keep people safe will be done.

And Joplin starts the morning off under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning...

Yeah that ended up being a weird bunch of nothing. It rained 0.03" and it wasn't even all that heavy. Maybe they thought they would test the transmitter or something of the low power Avilla station.

Tornado warning here but i think its for southwest polk county. I dont hear the sirens in town going off. Been bad lightning and torential rain for the past 10 minutes or so and non stop power going on and off. Maybe Ill get lucky and this computer will get fried so I have a reason to rebuild it how I want haha

• 2 weeks later...

Jomo are you ok in Joplin there man? Im down here in fayetteville helping the significant others parents get moved in still. Her father was saying something about tornadoes??? Whats your thinking for fayetteville here? We are here til sunday but the weather looked bad on radar out to the southwest earlier by what I seen, looks like it might miss us to the north here who knows

Jomo are you ok in Joplin there man? Im down here in fayetteville helping the significant others parents get moved in still. Her father was saying something about tornadoes??? Whats your thinking for fayetteville here? We are here til sunday but the weather looked bad on radar out to the southwest earlier by what I seen, looks like it might miss us to the north here who knows

Yep, 3 different tornado warnings for rain wrapped spin up tornadoes. I didn't actually see any couplets on radar or anything so I think they were just being really cautious because the environment favored bad stuff. 

Archived