joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far this is one of the most extreme and weirdest storms I have ever witnessed. Im speechless between the up and down temps and drastic sudden changes in the precip. Right now its almost as if im dry slotted lol and temp has spiked way up back to 36. Just craziness!!! Its snowing so hard in osceola my significant other had to pull over on her way home from work.

Hey JOMO I heard Doug mention power outages across the region if the amounts go up with the wet snow what is your thought on amouunts going up and a possible power outage situation ??/ for us ??? jus curious my friend..

Heavy wet snow and wind may cause power outages. I have no idea.

Good news, Missouri folks. 00z NAM has increased snow amounts so far and farther east and south it looks like.

Sweetness lol, hmmm its the nam though. Its ok i guess in this time frame now. Oh and jomo did you see dougs newest map on facebook? Hes got you in 3-5" now and me 5-7". Im still right on that border between 3 ammounts lol. He said he may have to bump totals up more after the next model runs in an hour.

Sweetness lol, hmmm its the nam though. Its ok i guess in this time frame now. Oh and jomo did you see dougs newest map on facebook? Hes got you in 3-5" now and me 5-7". Im still right on that border between 3 ammounts lol. He said he may have to bump totals up more after the next model runs in an hour.

yeah, he's going off the NAM, so he will probably post an update after tonights run. 

Wow do you think thats realistic jomo? People ask you alot of questions huh lol. Im right on that 7-9, 9-13 now! Its just weird and has me worried cause it keeps switching between heavy heavy snow and the temp drops then switches back to rain and the temp sky rockets! The snow i got in about 45 minutes(about 3/4 of an inch) is all but melted and gone allready now that its back to rain again, annoying to say the least lol.

I dunno man, I'm not a fan of these marginal temp situations like this. I'm worried about actual accumulations vs snow coming down and melting like you said.

Yea it has me worried now with these temps and how it keeps switching non stop. It dont wanna go below 34 here. cant win ya know lol, its always something against us....will wait, watch and see how it pans out

NAM does look a bit wetter and colder.  And I'll take Doug's map in a heartbeat.!

I have my worries the trowal is going to get setup between Wichita and KC and that the NAM may be too far south though. SPC had a mesoscale discussion out for that area. 

Snowing like mad out there, reminds me of the big storm we got in 2011. My temp just wont budge though....snowing so heavy thats why this stuff is sticking....got about 2 inches now it looks like. I want to take videos but last time i stuck the link on the board here it put the whole damn video on here and took up a ton of viewing space, kinda looked goofy. My camcorder sux for taking pics and sux at night time but does awesome hd footage during the day. Yep im excited can you guys tell lol....the lil kid in me is coming out right now haha

Thundersnow in Joplin right now.

Send it this way ok lol! Let up alot here, just flurrying now and temp back up to 36 again haha. I truely am speechless, what a damn waste this is cause of this stupid temp

I see gary leezak has lowered totals for central missouri cause of the temps! BLEH...man he has harrisonville in the 12-20" range!!!!!!

Archived