• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

Things are a little different in our region, but I urge you guys/gals to consolidate the discussion into this thread. I think you will find the best discussions occur when everyone takes part.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/39477-february-25th-26th-potential-significant-winter-storm/#entry2149879

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is 'banter'... so....

This sucks, I hate being on the edge of not knowing. The 18z GFS shifted a bit to the SE. Looks like from Joplin to the northwest gets snow this run. 

The models are starting to line up and I think it may be game over for NW Arkansas unless a drastic shift SE occurs. 

I'm still hesitant since weird things happen under strong upper lows and sometimes you can get really intense bands of heavy snow  close to the low itself. 

I am more interested in the EURO and GFS instead of the crazy NAM. (Now, if the NAM had shifted that major snow along the I-44 corridor, I would have been talking about how it is the superior of the models.)

haha yes, it's wrong all the time but just that one time when it shows snow, it's the best model ever!

GFS is initializing and about ready to twist the knife in. 

Any idea on why the low ejects to the NE through Arkansas versus continuing to head more east towards Memphis?  It starts off on a good track along the Red River then kicks NE too quickly.  I need someone way smarter than me to decipher that.  I don't add a whole lot of value on here other than bitching.   :)

EDIT:  I don't want to clog up the other forum asking stupid questions which is why I'm posting it here.  

Probably has something to do with the energy diving in behind it. 

The timing has just been off all year for us. Did I mention this sucks?

LOL we all sound like a buncha cry babies haha, just because...well like you said this SUCKS! Just one stinking ass storm to give us some snow, just one! how much is that asking jeeez. And yep I know we are supposed to be posting in the other forum, but this is our hometown forum...no disrespect towards the mods....

Come on guys/gals...please try and keep this in one storm thread. It really is counter-productive to post in two threads for one storm. I know it is what we have typically done here since we split off, but you will find the best discussion tends to be in singular storm threads as opposed to multiple split threads.

Come on guys/gals...please try and keep this in one storm thread. It really is counter-productive to post in two threads for one storm. I know it is what we have typically done here since we split off, but you will find the best discussion tends to be in singular storm threads as opposed to multiple split threads.

Except unless something drastic happens, most members on this board won't care about the storm since it will just be rain.

We've always had our own little part of the world since the Eastern days years and years ago.

I also figured you'd want constructive meteorological 'professional' type posts in that thread, instead of whining about how much it sucks being about 4 counties from 2 feet of snow, haha

Most of us still get the shaft after the 12z NAM. NwWhiteOut and me may luck out with a few inches if the system doesn't move any farther north at all. minninni31 looks like the big winner out of all of us. Strong storm system passing to most of our south and the cold air isn't around to greet it, but Arctic air does manage to find it's way down in a few days. That's kind of how things have went this year.

These are the chances for 1" overnight Monday.  Not very robust for most of us, lol.  I would not totally give up if you are near I-44 just yet.  Amber, NW and JoMo you may be singing a different tune by late Monday.  However, Eureka Springs kids should still be planning to do their homework on Monday night.  

post-742-0-72579200-1361722221_thumb.jpg

freezin Most of us still get the shaft after the 12z NAM. NwWhiteOut and me may luck out with a few inches if the system doesn't move any farther north at all. minninni31 looks like the big winner out of all of us. Strong storm system passing to most of our south and the cold air isn't around to greet it, but Arctic air does manage to find it's way down in a few days. That's kind of how things have went this year.

Nice awakening .From weather channel 6-12 with blizzard nera us.Mi concern is that when the heavy rainfall , the temperature will be above freezing,but the storn is slower compared to yesterday

haha winter storm watch 5 miles to my northwest starting in st.clair county!!!! ughhh what a winter...yup im 5 miles from the watch zone. And to make it even more of a kick to the face, springfield says 6-10" there with locally higher ammounts! Im off work this week but just may have to go in afterall(work is in lowry city 20 miles northwest of me here)

NWS SGF throwing out some impressive snow totals in the NW parts of their area - WC MO, SE KS.  Joplin 2-3 for tomorrow nite.  If only this thing could generate just a little more cold air..

Man all I need is it to take about a 25-30 mile jog south more on models and I will be in that heavy snow band springfield slapped up. Right now they have me in the 3-6 but im very very close to that 6-10"....looks that 6-10" area starts in osceola.

well JoMo does this sound like we may not get much snow after all??? but maybe for  a couple inches ??/ as long as we dont get hit bad and have power outages from this I am fine with it .. no mo blizzards what are youre thought are the models pretty well finalized  and the amount are set ??? jus askin..

well JoMo does this sound like we may not get much snow after all??? but maybe for  a couple inches ??/ as long as we dont get hit bad and have power outages from this I am fine with it .. no mo blizzards what are youre thought are the models pretty well finalized  and the amount are set ??? jus askin..

We may get a couple of inches, but we're so close to getting a ton of snow. Any movement north or south of the system will cause big changes on how much snow we get. Plus it's difficult to know if the intense lift will start the heavy snow earlier even though temps aren't near freezing.

We may get a couple of inches, but we're so close to getting a ton of snow. Any movement north or south of the system will cause big changes on how much snow we get. Plus it's difficult to know if the intense lift will start the heavy snow earlier even though temps aren't near freezing.

How do you think I feel, Im borderline close literally! lol. Come on south shift!!!!!

Archived