• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

Woke up to walk the dog and surprise surprise its snowing pretty darn good outside, nice to see! Sticking fast to cause its so cold out. Been coming down pretty heavy for about 20 minutes or so. Springfield saying up to an inch an a half in some localized spots, ground is completely covered here. Mid week is sounding interesting

Picked up 3/4 of an inch early this morning, of course its all melted now.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you located? if its not to personal cause it seems like areas in northwestern arkansas seemed to have been better this season then up this way for us missouri folks. I dont live down there yet so I was just going on memory, of course maybe I was reading wrong who knows lol just seemed like the storms have been tracking south and hitting down that way. Wasnt there areas in arkansas that got like 5" of snow on xmas day?

I live in Lowell right between Fayetteville and Bentonville.  The very NW corner of Arkansas (Benton County and Washington County) haven't gotten hardly any snow so far.  Fort Smith is about 60 miles south and they got over 6" from the xmas day storm.  It's sucked pretty bad right here in my area.  We've missed storms either to the north or the south.  

I know for sure at my house we've had maybe 1/2" all season and that was from an brief afternoon snow that wasn't even really forecasted.  The systems that have had any hype haven't done squat here.  

I live in Lowell right between Fayetteville and Bentonville.  The very NW corner of Arkansas (Benton County and Washington County) haven't gotten hardly any snow so far.  Fort Smith is about 60 miles south and they got over 6" from the xmas day storm.  It's sucked pretty bad right here in my area.  We've missed storms either to the north or the south.  

I know for sure at my house we've had maybe 1/2" all season and that was from an brief afternoon snow that wasn't even really forecasted.  The systems that have had any hype haven't done squat here.  

Oh man sorry to hear that, I just figured and it seemed that down your way it was better....guess not. Amazing at how little of mileage out this way can mean nothing or something when it comes to the weather

I think Wed night into Thurs we get ice from extreme far NE OK and NW AR on northeast. If we get heavy amounts of icing, it may actually act to hold our temps down longer and we may get more icing due to that. Temps should rise above freezing on Thurs afternoon/evening but the damage may already be done by that time.

Looks like freezing rain is still a concern for thursday am through the evening. Springfield isnt sure but was mentioning convective bands setting up and mentioned thunder snow/sleet. If this thing continues to show a more southerly track we are all looking good! Looks like right now its gonna primarily be a snow event for me and maybe some sleet, unsure on thursday though. Doug thinks this will primarily be a sleet even, bleh I hope not lol

I don't see the snow/sleet that the NWS SGF is forecasting. It looks more like freezing rain to me. Am I wrong?

Yea I dont know either cause I was reading kc's writeup earlier and they sounded like they were in line with freezing rain for the primary threat down south this way. Who knows we are just gonna have to wait and see ya know

Oh and talk about being borderline, I was watching a few local news stations tonight and I am exactly on the edge of their all snow/sleet line! I mean it looked to be right there....probly highway 54 which is 4 miles north of me give or take. That lil town 7 miles to my north called collins always seems to have some crazy weather, I mean literally its like that is the rain/snow/mix line all the time or it will be doing nothing here and snowing there etc etc

Uh-oh.  Especially not liking the wind with this.  Nonetheless, hopefully with all the trees that got pruned in 2009 this won't be nearly so bad, er I hope..  The other factor is the local electric utility has been extremely aggressive in clearing trees away from the lines in the past 3 years.  Some would say excessively so.  At least it will warm up fairly rapidly afterward, which it did not after 2009 prolonging the tree snapping and making travel out of dark homes very difficult.

post-742-0-57360500-1361362928_thumb.png

Been snowing here in Tulsa since about 7am...switching between heavy/moderate snow.  It is definately starting to pile up on the side roads and ramps off of the major roads.  I am PRAYING the temps stay cold enough to not have any freezing rain tonight! Either way, it's beautiful outside...our first real snow in 2 years!!!:)

Been snowing here in Tulsa since about 7am...switching between heavy/moderate snow.  It is definately starting to pile up on the side roads and ramps off of the major roads.  I am PRAYING the temps stay cold enough to not have any freezing rain tonight! Either way, it's beautiful outside...our first real snow in 2 years!!! :)

Nice, congrats! :)

So much colder here today then was forecasted but the air is soooo dry. Good luck to us all, looks to be a really icy mess in parts

So doug thinks more rain then expected tomorrow for southern areas, hmmmm. Kc's writeup says this thing is coming in later then expected and moving slower. So interesting none the less and Im actually excited for once! we have got to get rid of this massive dry air up this way though or its gonna eat into totals for sure

Archived