Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS came in a bit colder and thus a bit more snow across the area than it's previous 2 runs.  The NAM shows a bit less precip but is warmer now than the GFS so the only snow accums are in the higher elevations of NW AR.  Euro still not very excited about mcuh snow for anybody in this region.  More out in NC and NW OK.

Hmmmmm starting to look interesting for a general 1-3" up this way and a little more for you guys down in the southwest corner counties. I wonder what the euro and ecmwf are saying as they seem to have been doing pretty decent this year, the nam bleh lol. I can never see anything or even understand the euro or ecmwf though.

SGF Hazardous Outlook:

CONFIDENCE IS INCREASING THAT AN EPISODE OF LIGHT
  ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL OCCUR FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH
  TUESDAY NIGHT. ONE TO THREE INCHES OF WET AND SLUSHY SNOW IS
  POSSIBLE ACROSS PORTIONS OF EXTREME SOUTHEASTERN KANSAS AND
  SOUTHERN MISSOURI. AT THIS TIME...IT APPEARS THAT THE
  HIGHEST AMOUNTS WOULD OCCUR SOUTH OF A JOPLIN TO SPRINGFIELD
  TO HOUSTON LINE...AND NORTH OF A GAINESVILLE TO ROUND SPRING
  LINE.

If we can hold the bulk off until after dark, I think we'll have better chances of accumulating snow. Also, if we get an east wind that brings in drier air to help wetbulb us down, we may end up with more snow. 

Yep this is gonna have to happen at night. The temps drop pretty rapidly as soon as that blazing fireball in the sky starts to set. I just hope it can hold off until then but we will see

I do not have high hopes for this storm, seems like it going to be too warm unless temps can cool fast enough. I also appear to be too far north this time, I think you guys in that far southwest corner fair the best chance again. I wish I had been moved to fayetteville by now but that wont happen until late summer probly and next season will be too far south haha

As much as everyone would like snow here, having any precipitation in any form is quite welcome.  We do not need some sort of multi year drought event.  

Quick drop from 40 to 36 in the aftermath of a few light showers.  Still I am having trouble  believing we could actually get to the top end of Tulsa's 1-3".

Ended up at about 2.2 inches here, but most of it is gone now.

Hey thats cool you got to see a lil bit! Seems like south is where to be this season lol. It snowed for a few hours up here but it was way too warm so it melted on contact, was coming down pretty good though for a few hours and was nice to see. Im still sitting at about 1.4" for the season lol....definately the worst winter I have ever seen in my 38 yrs!!!!

Hey thats cool you got to see a lil bit! Seems like south is where to be this season lol. It snowed for a few hours up here but it was way too warm so it melted on contact, was coming down pretty good though for a few hours and was nice to see. Im still sitting at about 1.4" for the season lol....definately the worst winter I have ever seen in my 38 yrs!!!!

Well, in Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers ended up with a whopping 0.0 again.  So far this year we're sitting at maybe a trace.  This is also by far the worst winter I have seen in my 38 yrs!!!  What do you know!!!

Well, in Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers ended up with a whopping 0.0 again.  So far this year we're sitting at maybe a trace.  This is also by far the worst winter I have seen in my 38 yrs!!!  What do you know!!!

Well at least we got more snow than somebody - a solid 1/4" piled up here, which I only knew because I looked in the middle of the night - just before sunrise it was "largely" melted.  

Where are you located? if its not to personal cause it seems like areas in northwestern arkansas seemed to have been better this season then up this way for us missouri folks. I dont live down there yet so I was just going on memory, of course maybe I was reading wrong who knows lol just seemed like the storms have been tracking south and hitting down that way. Wasnt there areas in arkansas that got like 5" of snow on xmas day?

Archived