Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I didn't get any pics today! I got too wrapped up with kids and family. I'd say we got around 3.5-4 inches or so. It'll still be there tomorrow, so I'll get pics in the morning.

Glad you made it home safely. Hope your kids had a great Christmas with the snow.

12z Euro gives us something to watch around Jan. 1st. Since it was so accurate long range with this past storm let's see if that happens with this one. Our luck will be that it's totally wrong this time around.

GFS also has a small scale event for us, too, around that time. Friday's system looks suppressed to the south. :violin:

Nothing like watching places 200 miles to your SE rake in blizzard warnings and double-digit totals when you've yet to see your first accumulation of the season. Surely there'll be an I-44 special at some point in January.

It seems this is the weather world we live in now - boom or bust. It's the era of big storms but you just gotta get lucky and be one of the receipients.

It seems this is the weather world we live in now - boom or bust. It's the era of big storms but you just gotta get lucky and be one of the receipients.

That's how it always has been though. Unless a storm system like the Feb 1, 2011 blizzard happens, you're going to have a narrow area of snow on the backside of the system and you're going to have to hope it tracks in the right place. We don't get clippers down here like in the lakes and northern plains.

Interesting write up from springfield this afternoon, mentioning the chance for freezing drizzle/light snow after midnight into the morning hours. They also sound pretty convinced something is going to happen around late sunday night/monday timeframe, they are saying snow. Im not getting my hopes up though again to be burnt lol. Fingers crossed for something, all this recent cold air to waste....need some action up this way!

Looks like some flurries, freezing drizzle tonight for the area tonight. The New Years system looks to be an overrunning situation with timing differences between the Euro/GFS. I hope the cold air is far enough south to give us snow chances as opposed to freezing rain/rain.

The more I look at the setup for Monday the more it looks like a freezing rain set up for us. I can't tell you how many times it seems that ice has crept its nasty head this way around New Year's. This year may be no exception. I just see the overrunning setup and it worries me.

There is almost always some fantasy fun going on with the models this time of year. DGEX seems like it is the source more often than not, lol. Hope does spring eternal.

BTW got to see the snow field going from XNA to DFW the day after the storm. Pretty interesting. The snow was plainly visible approaching the Arkansas River but faded out for the most part after about 120 miles(?) then reappeared approaching the DFW metroplex. Someone told me this was their first White Christmas in 37 years.

There is almost always some fantasy fun going on with the models this time of year. DGEX seems like it is the source more often than not, lol. Hope does spring eternal.

BTW got to see the snow field going from XNA to DFW the day after the storm. Pretty interesting. The snow was plainly visible approaching the Arkansas River but faded out for the most part after about 120 miles(?) then reappeared approaching the DFW metroplex. Someone told me this was their first White Christmas in 37 years.

2009 was an official white christmas due to the 3" on the ground from the christmas eve storm. this was just as good though. we go 80 years from the last white christmas to 2009, then only have to wait 3 years for the next. every town should get one every year if i had my way. im sorry for thise wio got their hopes up for nothing. it sucks big time.

Archived