SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro will come around, I'm not worried!

Good call.

euro caving to the gfs for next week on the 0z run...looks a little colder than the gfs but the euro gives you some snow.

Yeah, I'm waiting on the wunderground maps, probably needs to be a bit farther to the SE for most of down here though. Big change on the Euro from the earlier runs.

The 12Z GFS was very weird. The system breaks up several times and releases bits and pieces of the storm little by little and is still too far NW of this area to really matter. Eh...moving along to the Euro.

Yeah this round didn't have much of a storm due to various interactions with pieces of energy. On to the next run ;) lol

12z GFS has a storm that passes along I-44 it looks like so the best snow is NW of most of us. That's pretty much normal for this time of year. 12z GGEM has a similar track it looks like, maybe a bit farther east.

Last nights Euro didn't have much of a storm at all.

Awesome...so pretty much the low is going to track right over OK and give KS and northern MO, IL, and Iowa all good snows...yeah..you all can thank Oklahoma
:cry:

It's not that uncommon. I remember many a day of 34-38 and drizzle here in Joplin with a low pressure tracking right on top of us. The 12z GFS Ensembles still have a few members with a farther SE solution.

The long range looks pretty wild as well, it's going to depend on where the trough sets up but with the positioning on many of the ensemble members, our area will be right on the line.

What are everyone's thoughts for our region from Dec. 15-25? I know the GFS has hinted at some very cold air spilling down.

I'm all about the cold on and just before Christmas. Some snow around that timeframe would just be icing on the cake.

As long as the ridge holds in the Pacific and we get storm systems diving down into the southwest, I think we'll be good. The AO looks negative through the entire run. Looking at the 12z GFS ensembles... a lot of them favor a trough of some sort very near our area. I do like this kind of look as it usually pays off at some point.

Archived