joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While our highs over here in SW MO aren't not as exceptional as they are just over the border in Oklahoma, I am amazed at how high the mercury keeps getting each day even under extensive cloud cover. The high here yesterday was 102º even though we were essentially socked in the clouds all day. That makes me wonder just how hot it would have been if we would have had full sun.

As of 11 am CDT, temperatures in both Oklahoma City and Tulsa were running ahead of yesterday's readings. Yesterday saw both cities reach 112°. The all-time record highs for both cities are as follows:

Oklahoma City: 113°, August 11, 1936

Tulsa: 115°, August 10, 1936

The 11 am CDT comparison is as follows:

Oklahoma City: Today: 100° ; Yesterday: 97°

Tulsa: Today: 99°; Yesterday: 97°

Through August 1, Oklahoma City had seen 20 days with high temperatures at or above 100°. Today marks the 21st day. Through August 1, Tulsa had seen 25 days with high temperatures of 100° or above. Today's high will add to the figure.

I wound up with .3" of rain in the gauge this morning. :cry:

We did get some wind with the storms... neighbor lost a pear tree. I had some limbs strewn into the road.

Hoping that this is the start of some more precip, but I don't see that in the next 48 hours.

I guess I may have to start digging some irrigation lines, too, ozarkwx. :whistle:

JoMo we have "paid in advance" for some rain and cooler temps. It is time for nature to "settle up" with us (and mock me for putting in irrigation lines :ee: )

Next Friday 81, Next Saturday 83 here.. in August.

I wish you would have put those irrigation lines in back in June ;)

• 2 weeks later...

For the sake of our drought stricken areas I hope the track of Isaac comes further west, as shown on the 12z GFS tonite. The Euro had a similar track a day or so ago. Something like tonites GFS depiction of Isaac would put a big dent in a lot of our dryness. Would not be good for New Orleans and the LA gulf coast though.

For the sake of our drought stricken areas I hope the track of Isaac comes further west, as shown on the 12z GFS tonite. The Euro had a similar track a day or so ago. Something like tonites GFS depiction of Isaac would put a big dent in a lot of our dryness. Would not be good for New Orleans and the LA gulf coast though.

Sure would be nice to see something like this verify. A decaying TD right over JoMo's house, lol.

post-742-0-29849600-1345986613_thumb.gif

Although, a bird in hand......

post-742-0-40720900-1345986650_thumb.gif

The bad thing is the GFS is on an island by itself WRT Isaac now. Defin the westward extent of all guidance. The Euro had it in NE OK a couple of days ago so maybe it was onto something then?

Most of the early 00Z guidance now has it in either AR or E OK after landfall (with the notable exception of the eastern 'camp' which takes it into TN).

Archived