Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea it was! I need a new grill though!! I think this year Im gonna get a weber and spend more on something nicer, im sick of these cheapy things that last....well dont last lol

yep, also mowed for the first time this year. Making up for not having to mow last summer due to the mega-drought I guess.

Wow.. from TUL disco this afternoon:

WITH THE FRONT HANGING UP OVER EASTERN OK AND WESTERN AR...THESE

AREAS COULD RECEIVE SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL...ALONG WITH THE

POTENTIAL FOR LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODING AND RIVER FLOODING.

WIDESPREAD RAIN AMOUNTS OVER 3 INCHES ARE EXPECTED FROM SOUTHEAST

OK UP INTO NORTHWEST AR...AND SOME ISOLATED SPOTS COULD PICK UP

AROUND 10 INCHES.

Thank goodness I live on a hill! It is Spring Break week. This is very serious.

"Hearing that swift water rescue teams have been put on standby for this week by Dept of Emergency Mgmt in anticipation of flooding.

Very strong wording and warning from latest NWS discussion: "A LOT OF THE RIVERS IN OUR AREA ARE FORECAST TO REACH FLOOD STAGE...

SOME MAJOR OR POSSIBLY RECORD. THIS WILL BE A HUGE AND POSSIBLY CATASTROPHIC WATER EVENT FOLKS...SO PREPARE ACCORDINGLY."

http://www.facebook....uy/288279856331

"From the National Weather Service office in Tulsa... "A significant and life-threatening heavy rainfall event will unfold over eastern Oklahoma and Northwest Arkansas early this week... Widespread and potentially catastrophic areal flooding and river flooding is expected." They have replaced the FLOOD WATCH with a FLASH FLOOD WATCH. Forecast rainfall totals of 4-8" are likely with some spots possibly receiving 12-15". Prepare for a dangerous, life-threatening situation today. If you are in a low lying area prone to flooding, have a plan today on evacuations and where you can go. This could be on the lines of last year's historic flooding in NWA. This will be an area wide event."

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jason-Adams-5NEWS-Weather-Guy/315793774077

The wording, especially out of the Tulsa office, is very disconcerting. That office is much more conservative generally in their analysis of upcoming major weather events. The fact that they are really hammering the flooding threat is a very real sign we have a wet and potentially life threatening week ahead. I hope the public is paying attention.

Not looking forward to this. My husband has to get through downtown Fort Smith to get to and from work, and it floods like crazy during a "normal" heavy rain. Thankfully I'm on a bit of a hill, so I'm not terribly worried about my property.

Looks like maybe 9" down that way with probably more and it's still raining in some places at the end of the NAM run.

Not looking forward to this. My husband has to get through downtown Fort Smith to get to and from work, and it floods like crazy during a "normal" heavy rain. Thankfully I'm on a bit of a hill, so I'm not terribly worried about my property.

Yea. The river front area is horrible during flooding. I'm anticipating bad things for the downtown area. I live by the mall on a hill so I am not worried for my property. But I do feel the severe threat is being overlooked by our local mets due to the flooding potential.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Fort+Smith&state=AR&site=TSA&lat=35.3678&lon=-94.3847

This Afternoon: Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 74. Breezy, with a south wind between 20 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 60. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to between 10 and 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 2 and 3 inches possible.

Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 67. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 3 and 4 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely before 1am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Cloudy, with a low around 51. South wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

Wednesday: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 63. East wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 46. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Thursday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 66. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Archived