SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I woke up to 2 inches here in midtown Tulsa. It almost seems like the storm shifted the heavier snows back towards OKC. Overnite they took away the WSW, and downgraded back to a WWA???? That was a weird storm setup.

Yep Im close to 2.5 or 3" now. I think this storm was very hard for the national weather services to handle, to many ifs and whatnots with this storm lol. Im glad to see us all finally get a lil bit of something though ya know. Sometimes the offices seem to jump the gun to soon on warnings and such also, just my opinion of course

1.5-2" here. I missed the snow because I was asleep though, lol

Your not supposed to do that now! Thats what alarms are for lol. I did not want to miss this so yep roughly 3 hours or so of sleep for me but was worth it!!! All that tracking of the models and you miss the actual snowfall, whats wrong with you man lol J/K. Im up to 3.5" here. I really wasnt expecting this much so Im shocked and good to go. Tomorrow it will be all gone haha

Your not supposed to do that now! Thats what alarms are for lol. I did not want to miss this so yep roughly 3 hours or so of sleep for me but was worth it!!! All that tracking of the models and you miss the actual snowfall, whats wrong with you man lol J/K. Im up to 3.5" here. I really wasnt expecting this much so Im shocked and good to go. Tomorrow it will be all gone haha

Eh, most of it fell in the dark anyway.

Eh, most of it fell in the dark anyway.

Started right around 5:30ish or so here and was light/moderate snows. The heavier bands is what gave me the measureable stuff or I probly would have only wound up with an inch or so. Still coming down pretty good to but it dont look to last much longer on radar. Temps are trying to climb though up to 30.4 now, and that blazing sun is soooo trying to come through the cloud deck in breaks.

NWS still insists freezing drizzle is coming. I don't see it, but maybe I am missing something.

Looks like we got 2" according to my back deck. At least we finally got our snow we were wanting this winter.

We are still getting drizzle here with a temp of 32 and nothing on radar.

We can only hope I guess. Maybe thunderstorms.

Already big changes at Day 7 when compared to the 12z. The Euro has been having big run to run changes. You gotta figure, one of these times, something is going to show a big fantasy storm, lol

GFS would probably be showing a severe wx threat in the 138-144 hr period as well if it weren't for that system in the day 3-4 period dropping a front through the Gulf and eliminating the chance for reliable moisture advection.

Yeah that little system has been getting farther and farther south. It was modeled around S MN/N IA last night on the Euro and GFS and this run GGEM/GFS/Euro models have it over Kansas.

Archived