joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 27 - Nov 30 Storm obs

NavarreDon

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

49.7 here with 10-minute average winds at 3mph and gusts to 13. Ceiling at around 500' and very light drizzle probably from SSW upslope.

Looking forward to my first real test of my Davis Vantage Vue rain gauge as I'm in the HOC bullseye for 5-7".

Edit: off and on heavy drizzle/light showers now.

The sun is out bright and proud here on the East side of ATL but the winds have been gusty at times. I am watching the radar to my west and just amazed at how much rain has fallen out of the sky. The front is not moving at all and looking at the radar loop the precip has receeded West! :devilsmiley: Some clouds are in and out, but as I type this the sun is out.

I've been spending time at a friend's house for late Thanksgiving dinner so I'm just now catching up. Cloud deck has been building through the day with the occasional breeze, though winds were stronger earlier in the day (23 mph). Currently 64 (67 for a high). Looks like a general 2-4 inches of rain has been accumulated back across GA, TN, and AL. Great stuff for those who need the rain.

69oF and waiting on the rain. Looks like it'll begin within the next hour or so. Still finding it hard to believe we'll get 3-4 inches.

But I have faith :thumbsup:

Looks like there is a good tap into the gulf, and some strong showers moving up into Ala. I'm hoping to be under them when they get up this way, but this thing is much like Lee, always just out of reach in the next county. Hope Fide and Psalm will be getting wet soon. I expect Candyman has rain now. Good luck, Justin, hope you get as much as you want. 69.9 here and feeling tropical. Tony

Looks like there is a good tap into the gulf, and some strong showers moving up into Ala. I'm hoping to be under them when they get up this way, but this thing is much like Lee, always just out of reach in the next county. Hope Fide and Psalm will be getting wet soon. I expect Candyman has rain now. Good luck, Justin, hope you get as much as you want. 69.9 here and feeling tropical. Tony

You too, Tony.

Gusty, gusty winds have been the story here thus far. As I was out today, I noticed several limbs down, Christmas decorations scattered about, and garbage cans littering the roadway.

Rainfall is making it just east of Knoxville before downsloping devours it. Certainly not an ideal track for rain across NE Tennessee.

The dry day allowed me to secure and cement a 4x4x6 post into the ground and install my CoCoRaHS rain gauge, so I'll (finally) be able to give accurate rainfall measurements. Erm, well, whatever the wind doesn't kill anyway.

Archived